• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Savoldelli - no longer clean?

hopefully nibali was shy in 2007 and hide his stuff from danilo and can start this year's edition

killer on a rampage!

images

monte pora day!

Il Falco

Do descenders have the same need to dope? They've got gravity on their side.

Il Falco was always a fanBoy even during the downfall of Lance - in the last 18 months he spoke on Rai TV openly how he was grateful to have been in Discovery under LA. :(
I always liked Paolo S. on the road, but that made me think.

Plus he's the best commentator on the moto in the Giro - he knows so much stuff.

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
TourOfSardinia said:
Do descenders have the same need to dope? They've got gravity on their side.

Il Falco was always a fanBoy even during the downfall of Lance - in the last 18 months he spoke on Rai TV openly how he was grateful to have been in Discovery under LA. :(
I always liked Paolo S. on the road, but that made me think.

Plus he's the best commentator on the moto in the Giro - he knows so much stuff.

Exactly what CONI thinks. :D

Seriously I didnt like him as a commentator just cause too strong accent and never a joke or a smile, as cold as a stone. If the rumor is true, he's ever after money and that's all.

His first Giro in 2002 was won thanks to a better doping strategy : Hamilton had his last blood bag after only a week of race in Monaco (to avoid the italian police) when Savoldelli could easier have BB later in the race (maybe with the help of parents/friends). This logistic aspect is IMO why italians won non stop il Giro until Contador came back from the beach in 2008. In the end, Hamilton faded after stage 15 and could not follow Savoldelli nor regain time on him in the last ITT.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Interesting to consider his 2005 Giro was slap bang in the dirtiest EPO era of all - noone quit doping till 2006. An incredible feat, for a clean rider to triumph in the face of adversity. So say we all...