• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Saxo-Tinkoff Results

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
trevim said:
They're finally living up to the potential. Anyway I hope Velasco can still score an italian classic this season. Let's see if they get at least 10 wins this season (6 now excluding nationals).

maybe finally they see the results of the new training. I remembered Rogers interviewed when he was asked about how team sky revolutionized training is still lighting ahead than any other team, he mentioned that saxo is slowly getting there. Now, I guess, we start seeing the result. It's really great. 6 days racing, they have already got 2 stage wins. When did the last time in this year GT, it happens for saxo boys? I hope it's not a fluke. Saturday we'll see how Nicho, majka and roman form are actually is. I really hope, this time around, the saxo boys can put someone in the podium or even win it .. that would be a dream. They got less result in the beginning of the season, and finally the jerk sponsor leaves them. Hope they'll get a new sponsor, because looks like the team are starting to gel with each other.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Going to be hard to get results if Contador leaves because Riis does not have enough $$$ for him

Where will he ride next year? Alonso? Movistar?

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Race Radio said:

Let's ignore the fact that the primary sponsor allready stated saleries were covered and instead go with a speculative rumour from an italian paper that hasn't correctly predicted a SaxoBank transfer in recent memory then...

Clearly your post is a credible point and not a continuation of your little diggs at the team...

My apologies.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Le Baroudeur said:
Let's ignore the fact that the primary sponsor allready stated saleries were covered and instead go with a speculative rumour from an italian paper that hasn't correctly predicted a SaxoBank transfer in recent memory then...

Clearly your post is a credible point and not a continuation of your little diggs at the team...

My apologies.

Apology accepted.

I am not digging at the team, but at Riis. I am a fan of the team and staff. Hope none of this chaos effects them

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Apology accepted.

I am not digging at the team, but at Riis. I am a fan of the team and staff. Hope none of this chaos effects them

The team is Riis. It's his vision and willingness to think outside the box and his attention to equiptment and organisational detail that set them apart as the quintessential modern team. Any fan of the team knows that, and any fan of the team is aware that the team performs best with him in the car.

I'll take your concern in the same spirit as my apology :rolleyes:, noting the identical FUD posted on your twitter account.

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
brilleaben said:
The team would perform better without Contador.

That's highly debatable and subjective without much foundation, but also quite a luxury of a statement, because the team probably wouldn't exist had he not joined.

As a senior and leader on the team it obviously helps to make results to inspire the team, but his value as a mentor, experienced champion, and sponsor draw, should never be underestimated.

So how do you intend to quantify that Contador didn't inspire the team at the Tour and beyond in the way that Kroon did for our classics and beyond?

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Apology accepted.

How much BS do we need to hear from you when it comes to Riis?
Saxo IS Riis, any living thing with an IQ above 10 knows that.

Your so biased and your objectivity is none existing when it comes to people you don´t like, your twitter is soaked with it.

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Brilleaben is right. The team would perform better, as we can see in this Vuelta. Also, Riis would have no money troubles. Tbh, I have no idea why Riis is still hanging onto Contador but I hope he continues to do so for Contador's (and my :p) sake.

Depends on how you look at it, last year they won the Vuelta, doubt they will this year, so that is not an improvement.

I do agree Roman would have finished higher in the TDF if he had not helped AC.

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Brilleaben is right. The team would perform better, as we can see in this Vuelta. Also, Riis would have no money troubles. Tbh, I have no idea why Riis is still hanging onto Contador but I hope he continues to do so for Contador's (and my :p) sake.

Very simple. Contador has a chance to win any GT he enters. Everybody else in that team doesn't.

boringboy said:
Depends on how you look at it, last year they won the Vuelta, doubt they will this year, so that is not an improvement.

I for one have my doubts on this. It's true that he used more energy helping Alberto but I think he is much more motivated and focused when he's there to help a leader than when he leads himself, however curious that may seem. It's all in the head :).
He himself said that he is quite happy with the situation in the team and that for next 2 years he prefers to help Contador and see what it brings for him as well. Well obviously with Contador riding for Alonso or Movistar this won't work out.

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
TomasC said:
I for one have my doubts on this. It's true that he used more energy helping Alberto but I think he is much more motivated and focused when he's there to help a leader than when he leads himself, however curious that may seem. It's all in the head :).
He himself said that he is quite happy with the situation in the team and that for next 2 years he prefers to help Contador and see what it brings for him as well. Well obviously with Contador riding for Alonso or Movistar this won't work out.

Well.... Movistar did seem to ride for Sky in this years TDF so would not say that is a definate no no..;)

boringboy said:

well the way I look at it, they are doing pretty well as a Team and Contador presence has a lot to do with that. They have raised themselves from near to last team and now stand ranked in the upper part of the classification. Yes Roman would have done better if Contador was not in front of him. He perhaps would have made it to 4th. But then as a team they would not be 4th and 5th which they achieved together.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Beetlejuice said:
How much BS do we need to hear from you when it comes to Riis?
Saxo IS Riis, any living thing with an IQ above 10 knows that.

Your so biased and your objectivity is none existing when it comes to people you don´t like, your twitter is soaked with it.

It is not my fault Riis is having money troubles and might lose his marque rider.

TRENDING THREADS