• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Schleck: Contador is still the winner

May 5, 2009
Visit site
If I were clean, I'd freak out that a cheater has stolen my win and robbed my of the unforgettable arrival in yellow in Paris. So much about amigo de birillo's brother being clean and an end to omertà.

la.margna said:
If I were clean, I'd freak out that a cheater has stolen my win and robbed my of the unforgettable arrival in yellow in Paris. So much about amigo de birillo's brother being clean and an end to omertà.

What rider wants to claim that he is the winner of the TdF because the real winner was dinged for an infinitesimal amount of a drug that is useless in competition and could have been the result of contamination :rolleyes: while all his colleagues know the real score? Do you thnk he wants to walk around the rest of his life having people sneer at his phony TdF "victory" like Pereiro? Schleck is convinced that he can win the race for real this year. I'll give Schleck major props if he refuses to accept the title at a fake awards ceremony at this year's race.

The ASO should just cross Contador off the top of the results and not award a first place. It is the most honest way to handle a situation where the whole top ten is sewer of doping.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
and
I would love to win the Tour on my own
Fabian won't be cancelling any stages this year then?

He's such a baby that if I were Pat I wouldn't trust him to uphold omerta. He'd squeal like a little piggy if ever interrogated.

They won't need to cancel any stage this year. IIRC those who could have benefited most from the race situation for the GC were Menchov and Sastre.

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Andy Schleck does not consider himself a Tour winner, he told the Dutch paper Wielerland. “For me Alberto doping program was superior, making him the winner of the 2010 Tour. I would love to win the Tour on my own. I just need to hone my program to the caliber of Alberto's” Schleck has said previously that he did not want to win the Tour via Contador’s suspension.

Wolves-Lower said:
Andy Schleck does not consider himself a Tour winner, he told the Dutch paper Wielerland. “For me Alberto doping program was superior, making him the winner of the 2010 Tour. I would love to win the Tour on my own. I just need to hone my program to the caliber of Alberto's” Schleck has said previously that he did not want to win the Tour via Contador’s suspension.

You left out this- ;) unless you have a link to this article that this supposed quote is from. :D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Should I be shocked that no one in the peleton is reacting to Contador being a convicted cheater? I mean, the guy is a fraud and is stealing and cheating, meaning that other cyclists lose!?

A classic example is former rider, now commentator on danish tv, Rolf Sørensen, saying that the verdict is sad because we won't get to see AS vs AC next year...not because the guy is a cheat...I'm really shocked even though I thought nothing could shock me in cycling anymore...

TRENDING THREADS