• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Schleck/Contador Rivalry

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
The Schleck/Contador rivalry is dead at the moment. Curious to know if Albertos' You-Tube apology and outward showing of affections is normal behaviors between two twenty something eligible bachelors? Is this normal behavior between two male athletes from Pinto and Luxembourg. Obviously the You Tube and school boy affection was staged, but I have never seen such tenderness between men excepting the film "Brokeback Mountain." Is this the future of Alberto and Andys' rivalry? ( Of course I am looking to the future say 2014 Tour.) Will Andy be able to charge the Cols and snap Contador in 2014. I am speculating, but I believe Contador will be 30 when he comes back and Andy will be 27.
Of course there will be no contention for those two at that time excepting Robert Gesink.