• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Science Fiction and Comic Conventions

I looked and couldn't find a thread for conventions so I'm starting one here.

We spent the weekend in Raleigh at Galaxy Con (Science Fiction Convention). Had a great time. Chris wore his Orville costume the entire weekend, while I wore my Minbari costume on Friday and my Orville costume Saturday and Sunday. We have a story to go with that as well. On Saturday when we got there the first thing we did was get in line to get Jonathan Frakes autograph. When it was our turn we did get his autograph and he spends a short time talking with everyone who goes through the line. Well in our case, we were wearing our Orville costumes and he asked us if he could take our picture and he was going to send it to Seth MacFarlane. Seth is the creator of the Orville (as well as playing the Captain on the show). Jonathan Frakes has directed several episodes of the Orville. That was by far a first for me having someone we came to get and autograph of and photo with take our picture.

As it appears I can't resize the pictures for this site, I'm including a link to the picture of myself and my husband with Jonathan Frakes.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/67420270_10214902918752704_3790802508419432448_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_eui2=AeGjfT5GIFeQbddTqCUwSE6ji-EHYe1U57rFFzXn8X-N3pWmPsrcRPt35SFigY_nQlXJC2vHEr0WYxkjKcC-s0i3fBUZRJ_xNmkHiBrVxpyUVw&_nc_oc=AQl-hnUVjL1j6YuB3kF4HwbraTQO5L1sjt1ZX0MGjNLbY30PvRNhQ1Mw-LpTrxRNAEU&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=095b2485327bcf3134bc1c9e9cd2537e&oe=5DAC1525

We also got autographs and photos with David Tennant, Catherine Tate, Mary McDonnell, Edward James Olmos, Summer Glau, and voice actors (from 80's cartoons and other projects, but am sharing with who they voiced in GI Joe): Morgan Lofting (Baroness), Aurthur Burghardt (Destro), and Keone Young (Storm Shadow)

TRENDING THREADS