• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

seeing and not seeing images

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a pic posted in the Xmas Ride thread:
Granville57 said:
I've been solo for the past few years on Christmas, so I've got a nice tradition of taking to the road.

Took this shot along the way...

But I just realized that the image doesn't appear unless I'm logged in (or if I view from another computer). I uploaded the pic to my Album so that's where the link is from. Is it just me? Is it formatted incorrectly?

Also, I'm not able to upload any images from my hard drive without first putting them into an Album. I am never given the option to "browse" for pics and then upload. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I suppose I was misled by this Topic from the FAQ:

"To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file..."

I'm assuming that this feature is more generic to the format but not applicable to this particular site?

As for this:
krebs303 said:
I'm not sure if I have ever logged out of the forum:eek:
I've seen your enviable pics on the 'Weather' thread, so I find that hard to believe:D

Granville57 said:
I suppose I was misled by this Topic from the FAQ:

"To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file..."

I'm assuming that this feature is more generic to the format but not applicable to this particular site?

As for this:

I've seen your enviable pics on the 'Weather' thread, so I find that hard to believe:D

you can stay logged in and still not be on the internet. you must actually log out. no need to log out really.

similar problem

hi all! I have a similar problem...I did get some pix to upload to my albums, but when I tried to post the URL from these it wouldn't show the pic in my post.
Also, at the bottom when I am logged in, where it says you MAY post and you MAY post new threads, edit...it also says you MAY NOT post attachments. Has anyone ever seen this and why is it happening to me??
....would love to also put a pic in my posts from time to time.
Thanks!

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
Also, at the bottom when I am logged in, where it says you MAY post and you MAY post new threads, edit...it also says you MAY NOT post attachments. Has anyone ever seen this and why is it happening to me??
The "MAY NOT Post attachment" is the same for everyone (I believe) but it doesn't mean you can't post images. These forum templates will function differently for different host sites depending on how they are configured.

From the FAQ:
"When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size."

In other words, once a picture is already in your Album, you must click on it until it is full size. Below that image will the be URL info and the BB Code info. Copy the BB Code and paste THAT into in your image window as described below.

As for adding images to your posts. When you select and image from a website, be sure to right-click and then select "Copy Image Address" (or it might say "copy image location" depending on your computer). Depending on how that particular image is embedded into the webpage, this option is not always available.

Once you have copied the "address" of the image, then paste that info into the window that appears when you click on the "Insert Image" icon of the menu bar when composing a new post. The image won't reveal itself until you hit "Preview Post" or "Submit Reply."

Hope this helps. :)

TRENDING THREADS