• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Shamus Liptrot Memorial thread

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Condolences to Shamus' family and circle of friends.
He had achieved a lot in cycling and in his recovery from injuries and he will be missed.

(note - this is a restart of a thread that was created including inappropriate comments. Please keep this memorial thread free of trolling, etc)

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
although i did not know him personally, the gravity of the situation can be seen in the reactions of his friends that i do know... it is a very sad time.

I didn't know about Shamus Liptrot so I searched CN for articles on him. It must have been shocking for those who were close to him, since he was recovering reasonably well and it had been so long since his crash nothing seemed to suggest things wouldn't keep improving, but brain injuries are tricky like that, I guess. My condolences.

TRENDING THREADS