• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sheryl's going to Crow: Lance's ex on ET

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Comedy gold - she repeated the line "the truth will set you free" to a couple of questions and then the piece closes with:
"Sheryl did not want to address the question, 'did she know Lance was doping'?".

The truth will set you free, but withholding it will sell more albums.

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The thing that always made wonder about the relationship between Armstrong and Crow was the way that it was announced she had breast cancer, and was rushed into emergency surgery, within days of it being announced that they were splitting up. We were all obviously supposed to think that it was a tragic coincidence. However, it did rather look as though she had already found that she had cancer and, what with her being a 'transitional person' and all (to borrow a phrase from When Harry met Sally), the split was announced when it was so that it didn't look as though 'The patron saint of cancer' was failing to stand by Crow in her hour of greatest need.

Oldman said:
Sheryl Crow is offering up another exclusive tomorrow night on Entertainment Tonight; the fluffiest venue for celebrity "truths". After Michelle Obama and Jill Biden reminded everyone that Livestrong should be remembered for helping and "research" on tonight's ET inaugural broadcast there appears another opportunity to pimp the wimmin.

Didnt she say when her and Wonderboy broke up that LA "wasnt a very good/nice guy"? She certainly knows more than she claims, she's always annoyed me anyways. Surprised he hasnt tried bullying her too, or maybe he has and we'll find out down the road. She can't be too bright to begin with to get involved w/Wonderboy in the first place. I've never understood what was so special about her anyways.

Either way, she knows something, and I'm truely surprised the USADA/Govt hasnt pressed her more.

Also, on the "celebrities w/opinions on Wonderboy" front, has Robin Williams commented at all on Wonderboys douchiness and him being stripped?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
Didnt she say when her and Wonderboy broke up that LA "wasnt a very good/nice guy"? She certainly knows more than she claims, she's always annoyed me anyways. Surprised he hasnt tried bullying her too, or maybe he has and we'll find out down the road. She can't be too bright to begin with to get involved w/Wonderboy in the first place. I've never understood what was so special about her anyways.

Either way, she knows something, and I'm truely surprised the USADA/Govt hasnt pressed her more.

Also, on the "celebrities w/opinions on Wonderboy" front, has Robin Williams commented at all on Wonderboys douchiness and him being stripped?

I'd guess most all of these folks were casual friends at best, like most celebrities. Those with a brain wanted to let it fade away and those that couldn't escape the limelight have been forced to comment like Mathew and, er..ahem, Ms. Crow. Shame on me for believing any actual news could come from this source.
Whatever she knows it's inconsequential to USADA at this point. Looking at Pat's current IOC resignation and the heat starting to simmer under Weisel there is plenty of red meat to roast.

Who could forget this piece of krap;

The cycling star, whose Livestrong charity has raised millions of dollars for cancer research, has new competition in actor Ben Stiller, who launched his Stillerstrong charity earlier this week.

The charity, which supports the Save The Children’s Ceverine Community School Project in Haiti, is for real, but Ben’s promotion of it is pure comedy, satirizing Lance’s trademark yellow wristbands with his own yellow “Stillerstrong” headbands.

In a YouTube video posted by Lance on the Livestrong blog on Friday in response to a YouTube challenge from Ben, Lance asked the star to stop his charity efforts.

“You’ve been a great friend of mine for a long time and I really appreciate your support,” Lance said in the video. “Putting me in [the movie] ‘Dodgeball’ was one of the highlights of my life.”

But, he said jokingly, use of the name “Stillerstrong” was unacceptable.

“We’ve gone after a lot of people for using the name ‘anything’-strong,” he said, sitting amongst the Livestrong board at a conference table. “We’ve gone after people with the name Armstrong. The Army is using ‘Army Strong,’ we’re going to sue the Army. We’re pretty irate about this.”

The board then voted to pursue legal action against Stillerstrong — leaving the next move in the joking YouTube video feud up to Ben.

Game on!

Bat Man

BANNED
Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
thehog said:
Who could forget this piece of krap;

I thought allowing himself and his ego to be the but of a joke showed a new maturity from Armstrong. It's not something you can imagine him doing pre 05.

Bat Man

BANNED
Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Not much to her remarks. Clearly didn't want to talk about it. She said more when the USADA original stripped.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sheryl-crow-no-one-trained-harder-than-armstrong

"I know how hard he worked to win those titles and it was hard to watch," Crow continued. "I felt bad. I felt bad for him; I felt bad for his family and I kinda felt like the rest of America. He's a hero that we've watched for a long time and admired and what he does in the world of cancer is... it's insurmountable.

"No one trained harder than he did.

"Knowing him I have to imagine that the fact that he just said, 'look, take them,' he's probably tired of the whole fight."

To anyone who thinks that, for a lot of women, it’s not all about money, fame and power, I would love to hear LA’s former flames say exactly what else it was about him that attracted them to him. I will give Kik a (semi-) pass, because she did marry him, for whatever reason, before he became an international superstar. But Sheryl, Kate,Tory Burch, etc., all accomplished and I think reasonably intelligent women: did they not see the emotionally constipated Lance we all saw on Oprah? I thought women liked men who could be vulnerable? I sure didn't see much vulnerability in LA, not even when asked about personal matters that had no legal consequences.

Sheryl was quoted as saying, “He’s somebody that I really care about.” Why? If she had met another man who was not rich and famous, and about as sensitive to his emotions and those of others that LA is, could she care very much about that man? I really don’t think so. If she still expresses concern for him now, when he is at a nadir, good for her, but I think that concern is based more on loyalty to an old friend than to any attraction he could hold for her now. LA is basically the same person now he was when he was at his peak of fame and celebrity. Maybe most of the people watching Oprah saw the “real Lance” for the first time, but anyone who shared his bed would have had to be very much aware of that Lance back then. IMO, that really doesn’t say much about the depth and sincerity of their attraction.

Merckx index said:
To anyone who thinks that, for a lot of women, it’s not all about money, fame and power, ...... I thought women liked men who could be vulnerable? I sure didn't see much vulnerability in LA, not even when asked about personal matters that had no legal consequences.

Sheryl was quoted as saying,.... If she had met another man who was not rich and famous, and about as sensitive to his emotions and those of others that LA is, could she care very much about that man? I really don’t think so. IMO, that really doesn’t say much about the depth and sincerity of their attraction.

ha ha where have you been living ? kathmandu ? outback Alaska ?

MOST Women are only interested in money and procreation. Havent you read any biology books either ? we are genetically programmed to pick out the best animal from the pack to mate with...and that dont include anything to do with emotions.We want the strongest offspring to survive life.

Come on - Lance had fame, power and money...all most women want. (I do not include myself in this...theres more to life than wanting a £200 handbag).....top of the range bike ? now we,re talking.:)

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
MOST Women are only interested in money and procreation. Havent you read any biology books either ? we are genetically programmed to pick out the best animal from the pack to mate with...and that dont include anything to do with emotions.We want the strongest offspring to survive life.

Please don't tell my wife that and i'll keep her away from the biology books!

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Bat Man said:
Not much to her remarks. Clearly didn't want to talk about it. She said more when the USADA original stripped.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sheryl-crow-no-one-trained-harder-than-armstrong

She just sounds like an airhead following around the coolest kid in school. I bet once she gets a real sense that the tide has turned and Lance is no longer cool then she won't talk about him do favourably.

Saying "I kinda felt like the rest of America" is nonsense because there were so many people who in light of the new evidence who decided they felt little sympathy for him.

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:

Come on - Lance had fame, power and money...all most women want. (I do not include myself in this...theres more to life than wanting a £200 handbag).....top of the range bike ? now we,re talking.:)

Very withering view point on the fairer sex!

Briant_Gumble said:
She just sounds like an airhead following around the coolest kid in school. I bet once she gets a real sense that the tide has turned and Lance is no longer cool then she won't talk about him do favourably.

Saying "I kinda felt like the rest of America" is nonsense because there were so many people who in light of the new evidence who decided they felt little sympathy for him.

Exactly! It's been stated here a few times that even she said he wasn't a very nice guy when they broke up, she knows what he did, she's probably been paid off by Wonderboy to never say anything about it.

Cycle Chic said:

U mean "high Rollers"?:D

----ICE T-----"High Rollers" said:
Oh yes,I'm here to tell you females also roll
Drive the same cars,somethimes wear more gold
Cold as an igloo,or hot as a flame
They'll shake ya,break ya and you won't know their name
Gangsters to the max,all marks will be taxed
These girls drive FERRARIS not CADILLACS
Respect is demanded,most men don't understand it
Till they peep the huge bank that these girls have landed
They're junkies for fun,love life on the run
And if things get hot,they will pull a gun
Prey on the lame,no shame to the game
And they all seek POWER,fvck the fame

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
:D

I'd like to think I'm a little deeper than that ($ and procreating e.i.)

All sexes are known to have those traits even other species (money exchanged for food), it is an issue for many but not all.

TRENDING THREADS