• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Shimano Dura Ace RD

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

maybe somebody on here is familiar with the Shimano Dura Ace 7800 and can answer my question about a specific spare part I need.

First off, I have no knowledge about this topic, but after I was gifted a road bike I really enjoyed it and preferred it over other ways to commute so I did a little digging in order to repair it xD

The rear derailleur hanger, which I successfully replaced, and the B-tension plate broke. The rear derailleur hanger is a Dura Ace 7800 (short cage). I couldn't find the specific spare part, be it online or at local bike shops, yet. The Shimano # would be Y-5V598010 B-Axle Assembly (SS- Type). This includes the whole B-Axle assembly. Now what I did find online ready to ship is the B-Axle-Assembly for the longer armed version of the Dura Ace 7800, which has the # Y-5V598020 B-Axle Assembly (GS- Type).

I know the different # indicates that those two parts differ from each other, but is there any chance that the one part of the RD 7800 SS and the 7800 GS axle-assembIy I need (the B-tension plate) is identical?

Thanks in advance and a beautiful day :)

TRENDING THREADS