• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Should Gorski/Carmichael/Ochowicz Be Banned Too?

Pardon me if it's been mentioned before, but shouldn't these 3 be permanantly banned from the sport as well, since they've all worked w/ Wonderboy at one time and some still support him? Ochowicz IMO, is the worst of them all. Does Carmichael still think he's done nothing wrong?

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Having cheered Lemond on for every TdF he was in, and having cheered 7/11 team as well, I hate to see that happen. But if it needs to happen, it needs to happen.

For what I have seen, Carmichael could yet be guilty of nothing more than being a coat-tail-rider and wheelsucker. Ochowicz, as much as I hate to say it, looks to be in a position where he had to be complicit - "in the know" - at the least.

hiero2 said:
For what I have seen, Carmichael could yet be guilty of nothing more than being a coat-tail-rider and wheelsucker.

Why does no one know about Carmichael's time at USA Cycling doping Juniors? Rene Wenzel took most of the heat, but it was Chris' program. http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500164_162-284958.html

Why isn't the taint of doping children and making some of them really sick hanging around Carmichael's neck? Why do few if any put USA Cycling's second doping scandal together with Wonderboy's time on the team?

Funny how Hein's UCI had nothing to say about it either. John Wilcockson still goes to some effort to pretend it didn't happen. But this is cycling and Carmichael did the right thing and minimized doping controversy.

Carmichael is poison.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Why does no one know about Carmichael's time at USA Cycling doping Juniors? Rene Wenzel took most of the heat, but it was Chris' program. http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500164_162-284958.html

Why isn't the taint of doping children and making some of them really sick hanging around Carmichael's neck? Why do few if any put USA Cycling's second doping scandal together with Wonderboy's time on the team?

Funny how Hein's UCI had nothing to say about it either. John Wilcockson still goes to some effort to pretend it didn't happen. But this is cycling and Carmichael did the right thing and minimized doping controversy.

Carmichael is poison.

While I share your opinion about Carmichael he is largely irrelevant to actual racing these days. Whether he suffers the indignity of a ban will depend on USADA as USAC will not do it.
Ochowitz is still active and definitely did know about riders on program during Motorola's tenure. There was pressure for team members to use PEDs coming from Lance's camp right up to his own cancer and Och was involved in those discussions. There may even be testimony out there putting him in a room with Lance when he transfused or took EPO but it hasn't surfaced yet.

Oldman said:
While I share your opinion about Carmichael he is largely irrelevant to actual racing these days. Whether he suffers the indignity of a ban will depend on USADA as USAC will not do it.

I generally agree it is all too far gone. It would be the right thing for USADA to do, but it is such ancient history they may as well ban Eddie B. too.

It bugs me that so few people put Wenzel/Carmichael's doping program and Wonderboy together and then presumably Carmichael is doing okay 'coaching' plutocrats.

DirtyWorks said:
I generally agree it is all too far gone. It would be the right thing for USADA to do, but it is such ancient history they may as well ban Eddie B. too.

It bugs me that so few people put Wenzel/Carmichael's doping program and Wonderboy together and then presumably Carmichael is doing okay 'coaching' plutocrats.

I agree completely. I happened to be reading a few chapters from the 7 Eleven book, d remembered that all three at one time or another worked w/Wonderboy. What's still a bit odd to me is that I believe Ochowicz released some kind of bs statement praising/supporting Wonderboy after news broke of the cheating. I think All three I mentioned must've have had atleast some sort of knowledge of Wonderboy doping himself(&others) to the gills. Yet for some reason, none of the three will be held accountable for it. Sad.

You can't make this stuff up. Carmichael as theChosen clean american hero decoy for actually training+doping with Ferrari.
Why not find an actually clean trainer to make a sucker out of, and rich at the same time? What does Carmichael have on Lance to be considered a great decoy plan?
But yeah, ban the heck out of them.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
If active riders didn't get 2 years why ask these tubs of lard to even miss lunch?

If the UCI ,USAC and USPro all had no idea then why not at least give Levi and the funky bunch a 2 year ban...just the minimum . The lying liars are everywhere . Long live the only non snitch lair Lance. Fry them all . Top down.

TRENDING THREADS