• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

should motorhomes be banned from hotel parking lots?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
i'm very confused by this forum, 'lets all laugh at sky, what doofuses to think sleeping in motor home makes any difference'/'who do they think they are, this is so unfair, how can the little teams keep up'.

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Happy dude said:
If this was tinkoff, nobody would care

I think it if was any other teams other than the UCI anointed ones, there would be a huge row, besides, who else can afford to have 30, count 'em, 30 vehicles in a race... All the more reason to have caps on salaries and operating budgets...

Re:

Catwhoorg said:
30 vehicles seems a lot but is without context

How many do say BMC, Etixx and TS have each ?

This 30 vehicles is being bandied about but seems – as far as I can tell – to come solely from L’Equipe’s guess in strongly negative article. Pinch of salt maybe.

As for Madiot, respect is due for his achievements but I think he’s got a bit carried away, perhaps following France’s triumph in saving Europe (for at least a week) with the Germans’ money. Is levelling down really the way forward?

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: what a load of tosh is being spouted here!

S2Sturges said:
I just read a article in the Sydney Herald about Froome's data being hacked but there was also mention of " Monday's edition of L'Equipe featured a mischievous story about Sky's cavalcade of vehicles at this year's race, which includes "un mega Pullman-restaurant" and "trois immenses motorhomes".
Sky are thought to have around 30 vehicles in total, which has upset rival teams who claim they clog up hotel car parks.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/tour-de-france/tour-de-france-2015-chris-froome-in-data-spying-storm-20150713-gibkjj.html#ixzz3fpBY6kT1

To me, this shows that there should clearly be limitations of numbers of vehicles, salary caps and budget limitations within pro cycling.. Sky have unlimited funds at their disposal and have been unethical and unsportsman like, this year pushing the envelope especially, starting in the Giro with Porte's motorhome. of course, it's too late for this year, but if Cookson had a spine, which he doesn't, he'd speak up...

What an unbelievable amount of nonsense is being spouted in this forum. Sky bashing by certain posters is rather pathetic, and I doubt whether the posters even know why they do it.

Sure, Sky are strong now, but their budget is not so different from some other teams. They just choose to use it more wisely on support staff & training, rather than the "old ways" still followed by some teams who just chuck a load of money at a rider & tell him to go off & train (which inevitably leadss some of them down the doping route). I've seen some rather foolish stuff put out by the FDJ manager who clearly has a chip on his shoulder & is a prime example of the problem with French cycling.

If cycling is to continue (as I believe it is) then the effects of Sky's professional approach will be to draw proper sponsors into cycling because they will start to see that a prefessional approach ca succeed as with Sky and the marketing rewards will be greater as they will be linked with those honest & decent values as promoted by Sky, as opposed to the "doubtful" image given off by those teams who whinge about other better organised teams.

I look forward to Sky continuing to improve and thereby drag cycling forward & further away from the fools of the past ... such as the FDJ manager. Even Tinkoff manages to hit the nail on the head sometimes, despite his often whacky comments.

Allez Sky! ... Well down team!

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Ask yourself...would you rather sleep in a comfy motorhome or in a appointed stinky bad ventilated hotel room? especially when racing le tour for three weeks...it is the way forward if you want to be proffesional...just needs a bit of sorting out