• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Should poll threads be banned in the off season?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should poll threads be banned in the off season?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
auscyclefan94 said:
I thought the silly season only existed during the Tour de France on this forum. Clearly I was wrong as this silly thread proves that.

For aussies it starts in November when they make threads about p!ssant races like the TDU in November, two months before the race--if you can call it a race..

When five out of the eight top threads are polls we might have a problem.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
For aussies it starts in November when they make threads about p!ssant races like the TDU in November, two months before the race--if you can call it a race..

When five out of the eight top threads are polls we might have a problem.

I agree it is quite early to have TDU thread but that is because there is no racing on atm. It is a big cycling nation's biggest race so I guess it does deserve some attention. But you can keep on making more ridiculous threads.:rolleyes:

auscyclefan94 said:
I agree it is quite early to have TDU thread but that is because there is no racing on atm. It is a big cycling nation's biggest race so I guess it does deserve some attention. But you can keep on making more ridiculous threads.:rolleyes:

I am afraid we will have to resolve the TDU question on the field of honor...with a new poll.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ElChingon said:
There is no "Off-Season" for polls, only an Off-Season for bike racing :cool:

Valid point.

The issue here isn't that there are a bunch of polls. The issue is that nobody has anything particularly new/interesting to say and so the polls are not getting swept off the front page by the day to day conversation.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Martin318is said:
Valid point.

The issue here isn't that there are a bunch of polls. The issue is that nobody has anything particularly new/interesting to say and so the polls are not getting swept off the front page by the day to day conversation.

Maybe we should have a Poll's Section to dedicate all the Polls equal face time :D