• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Sky highlights package

That coverage is exactly the same style of coverage as has been used when the TDU has been shown in the UK over the past 7 years on Sky, though normally on Sky Sports 3 and Xtra (now 4) during the wee small hours either the day after it happened or it used to be a week later. The same when they covered Langkawi one year after taking it off Eurosport.

Its also the same style of coverage, though less racing as seen in the TdF on ITV4.
 
Jul 30, 2009
1,621
0
0
Visit site
As far as I know its just the programme that is provided by the host broadcaster.

i.e Sky have no involvement in the production at all. blame the aussies.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Its just the straight package that the aussies handed out to everyone, and yes, 3 minutes on lance was ridiculous, considering the aussie producers barely mentioned cadel..

My thinking is it was made for a primerily american market and the rest just got what they where given..

Next time Sky.. do some editing!
 
Maybe during the TDU itself they will do the same for Evans and McEwen, Evans about his World Champs win and McEwen about his injury comeback. But, overall I do tend to like the coverage from Australia, and its normally like this for the Cancer Classic, always has been and always will be. Well in this country at least.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
2
0
Visit site
dimspace said:
Its just the straight package that the aussies handed out to everyone, and yes, 3 minutes on lance was ridiculous, considering the aussie producers barely mentioned cadel..

My thinking is it was made for a primerily american market and the rest just got what they where given..

Next time Sky.. do some editing!

They had 4 lance questions to 2 cadel questons. What a joke! Even funnier was that they had an amateur commentator Mike Tomalaris interviewing.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Sum_of_Marc said:
Its hard to complain really when Sky are uploading the programs online, so you can watch it for free :)

Im not blaming sky, im blaming the lance obsessed australian producers..

I have also come to the conclusion that Phil Liggett is Lance Armstrongs missing testicle...
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
2
0
Visit site
dimspace said:
Im not blaming sky, im blaming the lance obsessed australian producers..

I have also come to the conclusion that Phil Liggett is Lance Armstrongs missing testicle...

auscyclefan94 said:
They had 5 lance questions to 4 cadel questons. What a joke! Even funnier was that they had an amateur commentator Mike Tomalaris interviewing CE.

Cadel And Lance interview

They really smothered over lance and the above link is the video I am talking about.
 
Jul 26, 2009
364
0
0
Visit site
by the way as far as said broadcast being for an american audience, im in LA and i dont even know or have seen anything pertaining to sky on any broadcast here in the US............
 
lagartija said:
by the way as far as said broadcast being for an american audience, im in LA and i dont even know or have seen anything pertaining to sky on any broadcast here in the US............

Sorry mate, Sky is the broadcaster here for the TDU so we are complaining about their coverage of the race which is not exactly their coverage.
 
Jun 3, 2009
109
0
0
Visit site
Here's something that winds me up, and does on eurosport in all fairness too.

The Sky Sports "infobar" telling me whats on tonight, i honestly couldn't care less what football i can watch tonight, i'm watching cycling and right now you're making the screen that little bit more squished up with your dumb advertising.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
doddy13 said:
Here's something that winds me up, and does on eurosport in all fairness too.

The Sky Sports "infobar" telling me whats on tonight, i honestly couldn't care less what football i can watch tonight, i'm watching cycling and right now you're making the screen that little bit more squished up with your dumb advertising.

Not nearly as annoying as them telling whats coming next with an annoying voiceover over the closing credits of corrie :D
 

TRENDING THREADS