• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

SKY: The Stated Objective

"To have a clean British winner (of the TDF) within 5 years".

It's a noble objective, as all right minded members of the Clinic would agree, so, should we all be happy now that this has been achieved a couple of years early.....or have they just got the "winning" bit right, with the "clean" bit to follow?

To my mind, if this battering of the opposition has not been done "cleanly" then it is an abject and embarrassing failure.
Which is one of the many reasons I think it has been done cleanly.

Is there a US Postal mission statement about "doing it clean" as Mr Echo and his Bunnymen might have said?

armchairclimber said:
"To have a clean British winner (of the TDF) within 5 years".

It's a noble objective, as all right minded members of the Clinic would agree, so, should we all be happy now that this has been achieved a couple of years early.....or have they just got the "winning" bit right, with the "clean" bit to follow?

Clean as in "never tested positive" clean.. That's clean. You are thinking too literally. Rules are there to be worked around on the way to a win.

Mmmm

Strange indeed...maybe they just meant that the winner would have good hygiene - you know shower regularly?

;) :)

Hitch really some of your posts go beyond irony and border on slightly ridiculous. Still livens up a dull day :)

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
Mmmm

Strange indeed...maybe they just meant that the winner would have good hygiene - you know shower regularly?

;) :)

Hitch really some of your posts go beyond irony and border on slightly ridiculous. Still livens up a dull day :)

especially when the testers show up

So, predictably enough I guess, you think don't think they have managed the "clean" bit. Not only that, but you don't think Brailsford meant it in the first place. :rolleyes:

There is no tautology, of course...given that one of Britain's best known TDF performers is a high profile doper.

US Postal though....did they have such a mission statement?

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
It's off to the Olympics for Brailsford now. I don't believe Sky were clean and with Brailsford there I now don't believe the Olympic cycling team will be either. He's going to sully a lot of careers this man...

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
armchairclimber said:
So, predictably enough I guess, you think don't think they have managed the "clean" bit. Not only that, but you don't think Brailsford meant it in the first place. :rolleyes:

There is no tautology, of course...given that one of Britain's best known TDF performers is a high profile doper.

US Postal though....did they have such a mission statement?

well, as the world+dog now knows, originally they wanted to have a clean British winner using only 100% certified British doctors that never even heard the word "bicycle" - the it turned out, as Brailsford said "they need more >>>expertise<<<"

next time they should try with a rider that never rode a bicycle, that would be much more credible