• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sky's Vuelta Leader

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who should lead Sky at the Vuelta

• Sergio Henao

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
MADRAZO said:
Tiernan-Locke will ride it, but he certainly needs to improve a lot from so far this season to be the leader,

JTL is not a GT contender. He is supergood at relatively short, steep UK style climbs with a large anaerobic component so hilly classics and shorter stage races with punchy climbs are where his focus lies or should lie.

On Sky's website there was a livechat where he pretty much said this.

Kerrison may have other plans for him, but I think terrorising the Ardennes races and Lombardia is the best use of his talents (and some might say the finest use of any cycling talent).

I voted Henao as I think it is the right thing to do, more than what will actually happen. Porte will empty the tank in the Tour.

Wiggo will be in the bar come August

Winterfold said:
JTL is not a GT contender. He is supergood at relatively short, steep UK style climbs with a large anaerobic component so hilly classics and shorter stage races with punchy climbs are where his focus lies or should lie.

On Sky's website there was a livechat where he pretty much said this.

Kerrison may have other plans for him, but I think terrorising the Ardennes races and Lombardia is the best use of his talents (and some might say the finest use of any cycling talent).

I voted Henao as I think it is the right thing to do, more than what will actually happen. Porte will empty the tank in the Tour.

Wiggo will be in the bar come August

Wiggins has already said the Vuelta is in his plan for the year.

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see Wiggo do Vuelta and attempt the World Road Race or TT - either this year or next. Lets see how he looks in rainbow stripes

wwabbit said:
I can't see Uran or Henoa being competitive in a Grand Tour since they are pretty crap when it comes to ITTs, but the Vuelta has the least ITT kms of all the GTs, so if either of them are to be given a GT to lead it has to be the Vuelta. Perhaps Giro 2014 would be more suited to Porte.

Yeah if there was ever a GT for a pure climber it was the Vuelta 13 - well and the Giro 2010-2011. The ITT is practically a mountain TT.

TRENDING THREADS