• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

So if Alberto is gone for TDF?

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
AC suspended for a year????????????

Come on folks! Is this a joke? AC should be suspended for 2 years like everybody else. So far pro cycling is a farce, now day's we have to wait 6 months later to know who is the real winner of the TDF. I raise my hat to Armstrong for never being caught over the years and to Andy Schleck for winning the 2010 TDF fair and square. I hope AC and McQuaid rots in hell and leave pro cycling for good. Like I said before the UCI should be govern by old pro's who knows what cycling is about.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
atorok said:
Come on folks! Is this a joke? AC should be suspended for 2 years like everybody else. So far pro cycling is a farce, now day's we have to wait 6 months later to know who is the real winner of the TDF. I raise my hat to Armstrong for never being caught over the years and to Andy Schleck for winning the 2010 TDF fair and square. I hope AC and McQuaid rots in hell and leave pro cycling for good. Like I said before the UCI should be govern by old pro's who knows what cycling is about.

There's a different cyclist that recently got a one year ban for taking clen. And guess what? WADA didn't appeal. They will appeal with Contador to not lose their face. So for the people that think big boys get away with everything, well you're wrong. It's a two edged sword.

atorok said:

I was going to respond, then I realized you must be joking. haha

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Seattleallstar said:
I hope Lance backtracks on his retirement and goes for it. But then again the Schleck brothers would probably dust him

You've been silent for awhile my local cycling friend. I see you have learned little about cycling and much about baiting the waters.

May 29, 2009
Visit site
atorok said:

Sure AS is clean. He's the new modern day Lance after all. His brother was a doper, so it probable runs in the family.:cool:

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
ergmonkey said:
No space for Lance as leader of The Shack.

This is the year of Kloden's Final Stand.

No, it's time for Brajkovic :p:D

We have Levi, Andreas, Horner, Zubeldia and Brajkovic. A lot can change between now and then, but we're especially looking for Jani to have a good Tour. He had a great season last year, beat Alberto at the Dauphine, and now will go into the Tour with the experience of completing one last year. I've discussed this with Jani and we both agree that we would like to aim for a top five GC placing this year and then we'll continue to build from there.

http://johanbruyneel.com/news_articles/facebookquestions2011tdu.html

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Seattleallstar said:
I hope Lance backtracks on his retirement and goes for it. But then again the Schleck brothers would probably dust him
Yeah, or maybe Eddy Merckx could come out of retirement, his chances of winning the Tour would be just as good as Armstrongs.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Lanark said:
Yeah, or maybe Eddy Merckx could come out of retirement, his chances of winning the Tour would be just as good as Armstrongs.

+1.

Doubt that Brajkovic even can get close to GC Top 5 this year, seeing he got dropped on the Ramaz even before the climb to Morzine-Avoriaz..

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Havetts said:
+1.

Doubt that Brajkovic even can get close to GC Top 5 this year, seeing he got dropped on the Ramaz even before the climb to Morzine-Avoriaz..

Brajkovic was probably ready for Tour podium already in 2009, but he wasn't selected to the team and went on vacations with form of his life. In 2010 he planned to be in the best shape at Dauphine and Vuelta. If Zubeldia hadn't crashed, he probably wouldn't have been in the team for 2010 Tour. And he was sick with fever for the last 10 days of the Tour and was diagnosed with pneumonia, ear infection and sinus inflammation after the Tour.

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Oldman said:
You've been silent for awhile my local cycling friend. I see you have learned little about cycling and much about baiting the waters.

sorry I got too excited, one of my last posts like this. Its just so hard when we have this image of Armstrong, then come to find out from insiders and people in the know that hes not all that great

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Seattleallstar said:
sorry I got too excited, one of my last posts like this. Its just so hard when we have this image of Armstrong, then come to find out from insiders and people in the know that hes not all that great

Unfortunately no one is that great. I'll take a humble performer anyday.