• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

So what is Chris Horner's schedule?

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
No Paris-Nice and not on the start list for Tirreno-Adriatico?

What does this say about Shack's plans for him?

Interesting.

A

Anonymous

Boeing said:
No Paris-Nice and not on the start list for Tirreno-Adriatico?

What does this say about Shack's plans for him?

Interesting.

...probably another Hincapie like "Lance says you can win, so plan your season around it" kind of failure.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
I would say so far Sky has killed it in the early season. They are all over the results. Radio Shack has looked great so far. They have had riders up the road often and put up some good results so far. I hope Horner's science (probably JB's method) will get him enough race days to have enough form before he is asked to race. Kloden is old and experienced not sure where they see him going but Horner is not going to be of much use to anybody but Levi..who's form looks pretty good so far, he is going well.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
fatandfast said:
I would say so far Sky has killed it in the early season. They are all over the results. Radio Shack has looked great so far. They have had riders up the road often and put up some good results so far. I hope Horner's science (probably JB's method) will get him enough race days to have enough form before he is asked to race. Kloden is old and experienced not sure where they see him going but Horner is not going to be of much use to anybody but Levi..who's form looks pretty good so far, he is going well.

Yeah, he just gets dropped all the time at Paris-Nice.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing Horner wants to defend Pais-Vasco and try for a good result in the Ardennes before gearing down a bit.

According to his website, this is his tentative schedule:

Vuelta Mallorca
Volta Ciclista a Catalunya
Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco
Amstel Gold Race
La Fleche Wallonne
Liege-Bastogne-Liege
Amgen Tour of California
Tour de Suisse
Tour de France

Not sure if he actually rode any of the Mallorca races.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I could have checked his site. thanks

I still think he is stronger than Levi for a GT. His TT ability is on par and he can handle surges and accelerations in the mountains to make up difference .

But he is old

A

Anonymous

Boeing said:

I still think he is stronger than Levi for a GT. His TT ability is on par and he can handle surges and accelerations in the mountains to make up difference .

But he is old

To me, he was clearly the best GT threat they had last year. You'd figure that a "genius" like The Hog could have figured that out.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:

But he is old

I don't know if his TT is on par. Levi is fading, but even with little to ride for in the final ITT in last year's tour he was a minute faster then Horner. 25 seconds faster in the prologue.

The climbing may make up for it though... definitely with the lack of TT km this year.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Yeah, he just gets dropped all the time at Paris-Nice.

PWNED :D

Horner wants to repeat Pais Vasco so He wants to be pretty fresh for it tho... but if Contador is going FTW in Pais Vasco He just could forget it :D

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
jaylew said:
But that obviously wasn't due to lack of form though, which is what you responded to fatandfast about.

Paris-Nice was lame. He didn't show great form there. In Catalunya he did.

First 3 stages he was always getting dropped and not because of bad luck. Fact he still got in top 10 shows how incredibly lame P-N was.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
man he seems to be really peaking here but I wish he would go full for tour and see what happens. there's not much itt anyway and he seems to be still improving

Well Andy Schleck is on the ToC so I can't see why Horner couldn't be in good shape for the TdF too. Actually he *needs* to be there to verify his latest statement on CN : "At the same time it is easy to see that my form has been with the best of the best in the world and with the exception of Alberto Contador, I don't think there is anyone that can drop me.""

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
webvan said:
Well Andy Schleck is on the ToC so I can't see why Horner couldn't be in good shape for the TdF too. Actually he *needs* to be there to verify his latest statement on CN : "At the same time it is easy to see that my form has been with the best of the best in the world and with the exception of Alberto Contador, I don't think there is anyone that can drop me.""

Horner has peaked for ToC, Schleck hasn't.

TRENDING THREADS