• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage Seven: The Columbia Jersey wants to go home with you!

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

oh damn it.. i know theres only 1k to go, but can i have

Ed Bo Ha
hunter
bertonini... :D

A

Anonymous

Bala Verde said:
HA, still wrong :D

appaling isnt it.. :D

i take consolation in the fact that i said a week ago Ebh would win something, and this morning said i fancied him or garmin for the stage..

so my prize is minor smugness.. :p

A

Anonymous

can we start the thread now please so i can place my picks for a sprint finish before everyone nicks all the options...

and can we also have a ruling on what happens if more than one person pick the same three riders in order.. (maybe those people only could try and pick the winner of the next day or something)...

dimspace said:
can we start the thread now please so i can place my picks for a sprint finish before everyone nicks all the options...

and can we also have a ruling on what happens if more than one person pick the same three riders in order.. (maybe those people only could try and pick the winner of the next day or something)...

The race jury will have to consider those questions...... but no, we won't start tomorrow's thread quite this early!

Susan

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Just a suggestion.

Tomorrow's stage will more than likely end in the same result unless everyone here are ambitious with their selections and don't choose guys like Cav, Pettachi, Davis and Pozzato as those guys won't win.

It won't be a sprint finish. The outcome will be similar to today unless the break stays away. If the break doesn't stay away, same thing will happen and there will be a counter break with a few riders.

Sunday's stage might be the better chance you have of someone getting top 3 in order. I mean it's a pancake stage so it's going to be a definate sprint finish. You could leave it for Sunday.

Columbia for starters won't have ambitions for a sprint finish tomorrow. It's Pinotti's home town, he is their rider tomorrow. Cavendish and Pettachi and guys like that will rest up for Sunday so those teams probably won't commit to a chase.

Again, I could be wrong and someone might get it tomorrow but the liklihood of that is low considering the layout of the stage. Looking at things I see another break.

Just a suggestion!

In anycase if noone gets it tomorrow then Sunday it will be taken!

Here is the race jury's bulletin:

The competition will be held again tomorrow. The thread will open about 10 a.m. Central European Time, the same as today.

The winner will be the one who first picks the winning podium. Please do not edit your postings, the race jury will frown upon that.

See y'all Saturday!

Susan

A

Anonymous

Dgage246 said:
Fabian Cancellara
Christopher Horner
Alessandro Petacchi

nah.. they didnt win.. :(

can i suggest threads are closed after the comp has finished.. :D