• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stages Cycling Power Meter Review.

Just got one of these. Been riding it on the same bike with my powertap and 2 Garmin 310's on the bars.

Ive done an in depth review on my YT channel but been asked by the mods not to post cycling product videos here otherwise I get banned. Fair enough.

Im not sponsored by Stages Cycling and paid FULL RETAIL for this item. I think its a great product so far after doing 50 000km+ on my Powertap (which I still rate).

Anyone else got a Stages Cycling Power Meter yet? What have been your experiences?

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
durianrider said:
Just got one of these. Been riding it on the same bike with my powertap and 2 Garmin 310's on the bars.

Ive done an in depth review on my YT channel but been asked by the mods not to post cycling product videos here otherwise I get banned. Fair enough.

Im not sponsored by Stages Cycling and paid FULL RETAIL for this item. I think its a great product so far after doing 50 000km+ on my Powertap (which I still rate).

Anyone else got a Stages Cycling Power Meter yet? What have been your experiences?

I'd be guessing that what the mods have requested is not that you "don't post cycling product videos", but that you don't post advertising for your YT channel, much the same as nobody else is allowed to advertise something from which they stand to make a commercial gain.

Your review may or may not be honest and comprehensive, but when you serve it up like this it sure tastes like spam.

I would prolly literally make around 5c for the 100views I would get from posting on CN thread.

Lets say I got a 1000views on that vid. There is 50c I can go buy a third of an organic banana with. I will try and not spend it all at once. ;)

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
durianrider said:
I would prolly literally make around 5c for the 100views I would get from posting on CN thread.

Lets say I got a 1000views on that vid. There is 50c I can go buy a third of an organic banana with. I will try and not spend it all at once. ;)

Gave me a chuckle, anyway. Durian - post your link to this review - I will say ok on this one.

I think one of the issues that was giving us problems was spam complaints from you posting links constantly on the same topic - vegan eating - on your channel. Think of us as a neighborhood, or your corner pub - folks get tired of hearing the same thing too much - so treat us like a neighborhood. Remember that your neighbors have already heard your pitch, and stop for a minute before you tell them about it again.

You've found something that works for you - and you are a lucky man for that. There is no need to try and convince everyone else it is also the right path for them - down that road resistance lies. Remember your good fortune, and wait until people ask before you tell them of your joy in this great discovery for your life. Either that - or write a book, and charge money for people to ask for your opinion!

Does that make sense to ya?