• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

streaming pro cycling on iphone?

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
hello- I am able to stream the pro races just fine from the links on cycling fans on my computer. I am also able to stream the cyclingfans races to my iphone as well, and it even plays in the movie setting on my iphone and I can send it to my TV via my apple TV and the picture quality is surprisingly awesome. However, I can't seem to get sound when I stream to my iphone or apple TV.

Im aware that the video streams on the various links on cycling fans are flash, and that apple does not support flash, etc, so why am I able to even get video? I would love if someone had a good work-around to this problem to be able to watch the races on my TV from my i phone. I have tried the puffin web browser app which allows flash on iphone, but there is no add blocker which makes it basically not watchable, and I can't get it on the apple video player to be able to send it to my TV. There is sound though.

Any suggestions? is anybody else able to stream pro races on their iphone and get audio and video? thanks.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
There are a certain number of "legal" apps streaming on iOS. I use the app of Eurosport (costs a subscription though) and for most of the races I am able to watch on the website of belgian TV (RTBF) who is not systematically geolocalized by blocking Luxembourg (where I live).