• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stuey Mate

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
no no no, he was not part of the 2008 30+ myocera positives, of which there were only 7 from the 9 man CSCtiscalians from Denmark.

surely Stuey mate was not part of the 7, he was part of the 2. lets not be parsing trivialities about the 2 if they were just below the threshold for a positive. No, Stuey mate was not possible one of those seven.

until some in Aigle leaks the positives in 2008. When is the statute of limitations expired for the 2008 Tour. please, Pat, or the butter on head doc zorzoli, will someone please freekin leak these positives, atleast for the laffs of the Clinic.

arghhh and pugdog (poster) also saw Stuey mate in the anonymous black kit climbing around the Nice hills in the preparation for the 2008 TdF. But Stuey mate had no reasons wrt whereabouts for wearing the anonymous black kit, he just wished to maintain an anonymity to disguise himself from the pleb fans

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Stephen_M said:
Indeed - it was the least convincing 'confession' ever (and we all know how low the bar is set for cycling doping confessions...).

it was not a confession, he just admitted to the license rider number on the urine sample from 1998 that was ambiguous on the positive mark. like a pregnancy test, Stuey mate was half pregnant. but no admission. he did however say, like Dave Millar, he only doped once. twice for Dave, once for Stuey mate.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I am susprised that Stuey Mate is not fuming about how he missed out on all those monuments and a couple of GTs to those dopers when he was OBVIOUSLY racing clean. Good on ya Stuey Mate!

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

TheGreenMonkey said:
Wasn't his confession just a bunch of lies anyway because what he claimed happened was impossible?

However he still gets TV time, he is not really the disgraced person he should be.

He was a pro rider, they dope.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

MellowJohnny said:
Did he have Whitey with him, pass us a beer mate, great bloke.
Stuey mate, Whitey good mate, Henk, and Millar, and Chris Sutton, they can revist mates and Toulouse and Monaco, they like to go the knuckle and get pistol whipped.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
You forgot Baden Cooke. ;)

no, those four, they have been in public fights, on the record.

Toulouse circa 2001, Henk, Stuey mate, Millar, and in about 2010, Stuey mate and Chris Sutton in Monaco.

In about 94, Stuey mate went the knuckle against Darryn Hill the match sprinter, He would be spotting Hill about 15 kgs, respect to Stuey mate.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
the Stuey mate thing is just so funny, imagine if i was a francophone, i would have to call him Stuey copin, which is what i think i might start to do

Even the green and gold, one eyed, rusted on Aus supporters were able to be sceptical about O'Grady's confession. Blind patriotic "fans" were able to work out that you don't test positive in the second week of the Tour if you only doped in the lead up.

As for Stuey going toe to toe, lets just say he can get very volatile very fast. I don't know how he behaved in Europe but he once put a guy into the barrier at Noosa crit for not letting him take their wheel into a corner. McEwen got mad too, at least he didn't hold grudges and left it on the road. Stuey could get pretty volatile.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

42x16ss said:
Even the green and gold, one eyed, rusted on Aus supporters were able to be sceptical about O'Grady's confession. Blind patriotic "fans" were able to work out that you don't test positive in the second week of the Tour if you only doped in the lead up.

As for Stuey going toe to toe, lets just say he can get very volatile very fast. I don't know how he behaved in Europe but he once put a guy into the barrier at Noosa crit for not letting him take their wheel into a corner. McEwen got mad too, at least he didn't hold grudges and left it on the road. Stuey could get pretty volatile.
its all the freekin roids and androgens they are taking that is messing with them. plus the fact that the natural psychology, Type A aggression is there to begin with, its a recipe for madness

Not at all thrilled to see Andy White of Fyxo giving him a cheery little interview and air time. He even asked him about the uncomfortableness of peeing in front of strangers. How about lying to the world? Does that make you feel uncomfortable?

I have followed White and normally like his stuff but...that was BS. Don't treat him like a good guy, he ain't!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
MellowJohnny said:
Reckon he's still only doped the once still in the wake of the Riis CSC saga?
is Stuey MAte related to the Cofidis rider Luis Angel Mate?

yes no?
no yes...
luis_angel_mate_cofidis-199x300.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kristoff-no-room-for-party-drugs-in-the-peloton/

Kristoff: No room for party drugs in the peloton :eek:

news to Stuey Mate and Whitey Mate.

news to Panda Jaja Laurent Jalabert
and d'affaire Cahors in Cannes <alliterationz>
http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jun06/jun20news2
Jalabert drug party blamed for addiction

During the first day of hearings in the "Cahors" trial, Laurent Roux's younger brother Fabien testified that it was former professional and current French TV consultant Laurent Jalabert who first introduced him to "pot belge". "I was initiated to using pot belge during a party with Laurent Jalabert in 2001," the 24 year-old said. "Together with other professionals, I've seen him injecting himself in the garage of his house that evening. It was a party organised by his fan club. It's frequent in the cycling world. These parties take place during the off-season. I came with my brother, who was a professional. The whole team of the cyclist who was hosting participated in these parties - from mechanic to soigneur."

Roux said he thus consumed the drug mix for the first time in the presence of Jalabert. "It was offered by the rider who hosted the party," he added. Later during the trial, a former teammate of Laurent Jalabert at CSC-Tiscali, who was heard as a witness, confirmed Roux's accusations.
http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jun06/jun20news2