• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Suggest a me good type of cycle (Beginner)

Apr 6, 2020
Visit site
Hello Guys,

I used to commute on a cycle during my childhood. I used to have a simple cycle with iron-like frame with no fancy gears and equipment. Now I'm in my mid-20s and have been doing a desk job. As I don't get much time to work out, I'm planning to buy a cycle for myself. I just checked online and the number of options has made me confused. Could you please suggest me a bike for daily purpose.

I will be biking for 30-40 mins daily. I don't plan to tour and need it for fitness. What type of bike is best for me? Fat tyre, MTB to TDB. Also, there should be options o change the modes so that I can increase my intensity.

Apr 6, 2020
Visit site
We have a charity shop in our village with lots of second hand bikes. They let you ride round on them before buying. That allows you to get a good feel for what type of bike might suit you. At the end of the day, it really comes down to two things: a) personal preference and b) budget.

Reactions: jmdirt
Oct 26, 2020
Visit site
Look at the new bikes in a bike shop between $400-500. Buy the one that’s the right size for you in the colors you like best.

It’s that easy. The features are all about the same. The quality will be about the same. There really isn’t a lot to differentiate one bike from another at those prices.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt