• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TDF Trivia quiz

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
LaFlorecita said:
Age difference between the oldest rider on the oldest 2013 WT team on average and the youngest rider on the youngest 2013 WT team on average (trainees don't count, age difference in years so 42 years and 8 months and 21 years and 1 month age difference is 11 years)

What did I say about that calculator?!? :p

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Tosatto 39 & Arndt 21 so 18 years I believe.

If that is right, someone else can think of a question as I'm going out for a bit now! Not that I can think of a good question anyway tbh.

Cyivel said:
Tosatto 39 & Arndt 21 so 18 years I believe.

If that is right, someone else can think of a question as I'm going out for a bit now! Not that I can think of a good question anyway tbh.

That is correct brother.

I can ask the next question if no one else wants to, got this one from a twitter buddy

During his first months in France with Renault Greg LeMond used to get bored at the team's dinners so he started reading novels written by which author?

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
That is correct brother.

I can ask the next question if no one else wants to, got this one from a twitter buddy

During his first months in France with Renault Greg LeMond used to get bored at the team's dinners so he started reading novels written by which author?

That is a hard question for the hardcore. Tried, but got no search results, even in Dutch. Please consider an easier question?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I have a question, not for a quiz but for something I was wondering, and I didn't know where to post it so I chose this thread.

Who was the last dutch rider to wear yellow, and in what year was it?

I remember when Bakelants got it, they said he was the first Belgian since Boonen. That's why I wondered about the dutch.

Thanks

Christian said:
I have a question, not for a quiz but for something I was wondering, and I didn't know where to post it so I chose this thread.

I remember when Bakelants got it, they said he was the first Belgian since Boonen. That's why I wondered about the dutch.

Thanks

According to Wikipedia, Erik Breukink after the 1989 prologue.

That's a long time ago...

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Christian said:

Thanks

And who said that??

For the record, the following nations have worn the yellow jersey more recently than the Netherlands. Some predictable, some surprising.

Australia: Simon Gerrans (2013)
Belgium: Jan Bakelants (2013)
Canada: Steve Bauer (1990)
Colombia: Victor Hugo Peña (2003)
Denmark: Michael Rasmussen (2007)
Estonia: Jaan Kirsipuu (1999)
France: Thomas Voeckler (2011)
Germany: Marcel Kittel (2013)
Great Britain: Chris Froome (2013)
Italy: Rinaldo Nocentini (2009)
Luxembourg: Andy Schleck (2011)
Norway: Thor Hushovd (2011)
Portugal: Acácio da Silva (1989)
Russia: Yevgeniy Berzin (1996)
South Africa: Daryl Impey (2013)
Spain: Alberto Contador (2010)* Alberto Contador (2009)
Switzerland: Fabian Cancellara (2012)
Ukraine: Serhiy Honchar (2006)
USA: Floyd Landis (2006)*