Team Astana

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 15, 2009
550
0
0
Vino attacks everyone said:
Today Kreuziger either is gona make it or loose it. If he looses time to Tira yet again i think we can say that he wont be the captain for much longer
This.
Else it just can be a Froome-Wiggins situation with the same outcome.
 
Sep 8, 2009
15,305
0
0
just like yesterday,tira won't look behind today.
you could have seen on prati di tivo in tirreno that tiralongo stepped up his game this year,he was probably the strongest on that climb.i hope he will shine again today
 
Sep 17, 2010
50
0
0
RK should be used to have 2 captains in the team :D - why not to give Tiralongo free hand? There is a lot of good domestiques from other teams - Szmyd is an excellent one, I am sure Roman can hold on Basso's wheel (or any other), if needed, but to waste the explosive power of Paolo is such a waste... I would love to see what can he do, now it seems he is actualy finding him self as a serious contender.
With Alberto as a leader I do understand he could feel his superiority, but this is a different situation.
The final TT is not that long for Paolo to cath 5 minutes.
Well, all the best to both.
 
Mar 10, 2009
341
0
0
always felt with Tira if he got the protection he gives to others he could do well. He deserves to have a chance at GC and is the strongest rider. Surely the road should settle it
 
May 5, 2011
7,490
0
0
My post number 1000 is: Vino is the rider any cyclist or aspiring cyclist should look to copy. His aggressive way of cycling and his will to attack and his fighting spirit is unmatched in the pro peloton. He deserves to wear the yellow jersey this summer
 
Jan 22, 2011
2,843
0
0
Vino attacks everyone said:
My post number 1000 is: Vino is the rider any cyclist or aspiring cyclist should look to copy. His aggressive way of cycling and his will to attack and his fighting spirit is unmatched in the pro peloton. He deserves to wear the yellow jersey this summer
+1000


10 char
 
Apr 22, 2012
3,570
0
0
Today Tira sucked and Roman put in decent performance. Good for him, I'll be rooting for him hard! Only i wish the weather gets better, than Roman'll get better too.
 
May 5, 2011
7,490
0
0
Kokoso said:
Today Tira sucked and Roman put in decent performance. Good for him, I'll be rooting for him hard! Only i wish the weather gets better, than Roman'll get better too.
this anoys me. Not what you wrote but the fact that Kreuziger on a good day can't quite follow the best and Tira is too unstable in his performances. It ends up with 2 guys in the top 10 in the places from 6-10, without really competing for the gt overall at all... :(
 
Apr 22, 2012
3,570
0
0
Vino attacks everyone said:
this anoys me. Not what you wrote but the fact that Kreuziger on a good day can't quite follow the best and Tira is too unstable in his performances. It ends up with 2 guys in the top 10 in the places from 6-10, without really competing for the gt overall at all... :(
He lost just 4 seconds yesterday and that might be because it seemed that he was working for Tira, who was in Roman's slipstream more or less all the time.
You don't know, if that was good day or if better are yet to come. He doesn't perform so well in wet, cold weather. Yesterday - less wet, warmer - better performance. Look for instance on Mt. Ventoux TdF 2009, it was hot, 20th stage and he rode very well there compared to the rest od that Tour.

So just root more for him (as you're able to root for Tira) to he can hear you and don't doubt about him. Maybe he'll put in better performance than you can imagine now. He needs as a fan, not doubter ;)
 
Apr 26, 2010
1,035
0
0
There was some team press release yesterday that repeated that Kreuziger is team's main captain. They said they won't allow to seed a discord into the team.

It even sounded kinda angry.

I think it was originally in italian, i only read the russian version on astanafans.
 
May 19, 2011
4,857
1
0
RK will get better and better, both he and Basso will shine in the third week. He is going to be in top 3, even have a chance to throw Basso out of the throne:D
 
May 5, 2011
7,490
0
0
jens_attacks said:
the level seems so low,kreuziger might even podium.
this can be even worse than 2004
JRod will loose 3 min up Stelvio.
Basso is no longer robo basso.
Scarponi is Scarponi. Which is good, but not excellent
Henao will suprise. Wonder how much?

ye i can see what you are saying
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS