• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Movistar-thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Asero831 said:
Lombardia route is similar to 2014 which D. Martin won.
GVA or Sagan can win here

In 2014 you had:

Madonna di Ghisallo (8500m at 5.7% - first 3900m at 9.2%) - 201.8km from the finish
Colle dei Pasta (2700m at 5.9%) - 112.1km from the finish
Colle Gallo (7600m at 5.9%) - 91.1 km from the finish
Ganda (9600m at 7.1%) - 64.1 km from the finish
Berbenno (6000m at 4.6%) - 26.2 km from the finish

In 2016:

Madonna di Ghisallo (8600m at 5.7% - first 3900m at 9.2%) - 174.9 km from the finish
Colle Brianza (approximately 4000m at 6%) - 143.8 km from the finish
Valcava (10200m at 8.5%) - 96.4 km from the finish
Berbenno (6500m at 5.1%) - 70.2 km from the finish
Sant'Antonio Abbandonato (6500m at 8.9%) - 57.4 km from the finish
Miragolo San Salvatore (9900m at 6.0%) - 39.4 km from the finish
Selvino (6900m at 5.8%) - 27.0 km from the finish

Harder this year, IMO

Re:

Asero831 said:
No, this route is certainly harder and Martin is a far better climber than either. Even if they survived the Valcava there's still the Sant'Antonio Abbandonato, Miragolo San Salvatore and the Selvino. They won't last, unless this is raced in super slo-mo. This is harder than Liege and neither will ever figure there unless they drop some serious weight.

2014 route:

db24043b_d728_4043_8ca6_82ceec86f5b1_670.jpg

2016 route:

profile.jpg

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Moviestar said:
Big compo for Eneco, clearly on the hunt for WT points

Andrey Amador, Winner Anacona, Alex Dowsett, Gorka + Ion Izagirre, Nelson Oliveira, Jasha Sutterlin and Fran Ventoso

Toscane + Coppa Sabatini

Adriano Malori, Jose Herrada, Carlos Betancur, Javi Moreno, Giovanni Visconti, Antonio Pedrero, Dayer Quintana
they will try and win it with amador

Re: Re:

Ricco' said:
Asero831 said:

In 2014 you had:

Madonna di Ghisallo (8500m at 5.7% - first 3900m at 9.2%) - 201.8km from the finish
Colle dei Pasta (2700m at 5.9%) - 112.1km from the finish
Colle Gallo (7600m at 5.9%) - 91.1 km from the finish
Ganda (9600m at 7.1%) - 64.1 km from the finish
Berbenno (6000m at 4.6%) - 26.2 km from the finish

In 2016:

Madonna di Ghisallo (8600m at 5.7% - first 3900m at 9.2%) - 174.9 km from the finish
Colle Brianza (approximately 4000m at 6%) - 143.8 km from the finish
Valcava (10200m at 8.5%) - 96.4 km from the finish
Berbenno (6500m at 5.1%) - 70.2 km from the finish
Sant'Antonio Abbandonato (6500m at 8.9%) - 57.4 km from the finish
Miragolo San Salvatore (9900m at 6.0%) - 39.4 km from the finish
Selvino (6900m at 5.8%) - 27.0 km from the finish

Harder this year, IMO

The Olympic race is harder yet GVA survived it. It wont be raced that hard because if it be hard to control if the break will be caught with 60km to go

Ryo Hazuki said:
Moviestar said:

Andrey Amador, Winner Anacona, Alex Dowsett, Gorka + Ion Izagirre, Nelson Oliveira, Jasha Sutterlin and Fran Ventoso

Toscane + Coppa Sabatini

Adriano Malori, Jose Herrada, Carlos Betancur, Javi Moreno, Giovanni Visconti, Antonio Pedrero, Dayer Quintana

Source?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Jspear said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Moviestar said:

Toscane + Coppa Sabatini

Source?
amador has always been excellent in eneco tour

Ryo Hazuki said:
Jspear said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Moviestar said:

Toscane + Coppa Sabatini

Source?
amador has always been excellent in eneco tour

He is not even there. :D

Long range prediction Chavez - 2015 Chavez countered every attack from Nibali on the second last climb - Nibali got away on the descent - Last climb Chavez attacked the rest of the peleton in pursuit of Nibali - Got a cramp at the beginning of the final climb - bring his 2015 form and hard to beat in 2016

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Jspear said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Moviestar said:

Toscane + Coppa Sabatini

Source?

Ryo himself, of course :lol:

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
So now that your point was proven wrong, lets just make another one which is also untrue. This Lombardia is most definitely harder climbing wise.
Very true. If Sagan or GvA is there then the pace will be really hard from Valcava onwards. Valcava itself is way too long for Sagan, and GvA will struggle on it too. Then comes the next 4 climbs with attacks as well. Astana and Movistar will make it hell for them. Nobody is going to underestimate the threat of Greg now. It's possible that he wins (Sagan isn't turning up imo, not with Contador and Kreuziger), but unlikely.

So now Izagirre will also be gone along with Visconti. I never really liked Visconti at Movistar, he didn't seem loyal and often wanted to chase his own glory. Saddens me that Izagirre leaves. Who is going in - any prospects from Caja Rural? Perhaps Jaime Roson.

Betancur is back and racing. And no DNF so far!

The new guy Carapaz also seemed to do rather well yesterday. Here's a picture: https://www.facebook.com/movistarte...073429177314/1362189467132365/?type=3&theater

Valv.Piti said:
So now Izagirre will also be gone along with Visconti. I never really liked Visconti at Movistar, he didn't seem loyal and often wanted to chase his own glory. Saddens me that Izagirre leaves. Who is going in - any prospects from Caja Rural? Perhaps Jaime Roson.

I think it is wiser to let Rosón and Benito (class 1993) develop a few more years in Caja Rural and pursue Bilbao and Barbero, who are more developed talented riders but are clearly a little bit stalled with the green team.

As for new riders, people in the Spanish forums talk wonderfully of 2-3 prospects of the Lizarte team (amateur team of Movistar) who, along Carapaz, have terrorised the spanish amateur calendar this year.

Valv.Piti said:

The new guy Carapaz also seemed to do rather well yesterday. Here's a picture: https://www.facebook.com/movistarte...073429177314/1362189467132365/?type=3&theater

This hasn't been confirmed yet by either party. According to Cyclingnews the transfer of both the Izagirre brothers to Team Sky last year was also pretty much a done deal.. :)

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Valv.Piti said:

There was a similar problem when Rui Costa left. It seemed that his departure will be felt, but Ion Izagirre along with Amador to some extent filled that gap. If he leaves (Izagirre) I expect Ruben Fernandez, Jesus Herrada and young Soler to fill that hole

Re:

Escarabajo said:
I think what Movistar will be trying to look for is for good rouleurs for Quintana at the Tour. At least that's my impression.

And they should! Bennati is a good step in that direction, already compensates for the loss of Visconti. Malori should come back too, if his health is okay again.

Edit: Küng seems to be out of contract. Would be perfect.

fauniera said:
Escarabajo said:
I think what Movistar will be trying to look for is for good rouleurs for Quintana at the Tour. At least that's my impression.

And they should! Bennati is a good step in that direction, already compensates for the loss of Visconti. Malori should come back too, if his health is okay again.

Bennati, Castroviejo, Dowsett, Oliveira, Malori, Rojas, Sutherland... Movistar has plenty of rouleurs next year. They just have to actually use them sensibly more often, like they did at the Vuelta.

fauniera said:
Dowsett is not of much use in an echelon stage or simply to position Nairo well in the peloton. He can only time-trial.
No, but they clearly have enough at this point, there is no point in overdoing it. Erviti as well. Dowsett is a pretty limited guy and as I have said before, shouldn't see the Tour-team unless there are two TTT. He gets injured very easily and is a pretty horrible climber.

StryderHells said:
fauniera said:
Dowsett is not of much use in an echelon stage or simply to position Nairo well in the peloton. He can only time-trial.

He can do more than that but keeps getting injured, if he can get a clean run I think he'd be an asset to Quintana at the Tour
His haemophilia doesn't help in this regard. Dowsett is good for pulling the peloton on flatter stages and has done a lot of good work at times. He's probably more useful working for a sprinter than GC riders though.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Escarabajo said:
There are always good riders in the Spanish scene. I think what Movistar will be trying to look for is for good rouleurs for Quintana at the Tour. At least that's my impression.
if one thing is important is that he needs better climbers.

42x16ss said:
fauniera said:
Escarabajo said:

Bennati, Castroviejo, Dowsett, Oliveira, Malori, Rojas, Sutherland... Movistar has plenty of rouleurs next year. They just have to actually use them sensibly more often, like they did at the Vuelta.

All injured during the Tour build-up or during the Tour.

TRENDING THREADS