• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Double (vlaanderen and roubaix), too easy? Why?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Why does it happen so often?

• Vino wasn't in the race

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Never... Most of the years it's been a group of 5-10 guys, sometimes even solos (Vino, F.Schleck) and 2-men groups (Boogerd/Rebellin).
Only the last 2/3 years has it been 30 men groups (MAX). :rolleyes:

So stop shouting bs

you forgot der stefan ;)

May 19, 2011
Visit site
maybe i missed the number but in my mind it is sprint up the cauberg. MSR is 298 k and it was sprint for few years, but last years it isn't and organisers are well aware that it can become for sprinters and route change is on their mind(finish near bottom of poggio)

May 28, 2012
Visit site
luckyboy said:
The finale of MSR is more exciting than most of the Ardennes classics put together. FW + AGR are just above Scheldeprijs in the excitement ranking.

It's not difficult to agree on Fleche, it's the Scheldeprijs of the hilly classics. But editions of the AGR like 2009, '10 and '11 were good. In recent years it was often bad weather that decided the excitement in MSR. 2011 and this year were great because of horrid conditions, while 2012 was boring as hell.

dabar85 said:
maybe i missed the number but in my mind it is sprint up the cauberg. MSR is 298 k and it was sprint for few years, but last years it isn't and organisers are well aware that it can become for sprinters and route change is on their mind(finish near bottom of poggio)

then your mind is ****ed. Just check the results from 2003 (first finish on Cauberg) till last year. Also check the videos if available. You'll find that up until 2008/2009, most years it was a very small group that reached the Cauberg, if it was a group at all (like I said, 3 solos as well).. Only in recent years has the cauberg sprint trend started (because of cowardly peloton nowadays)

TRENDING THREADS