• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 232 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Intermarche just announced a small extension:

One of the most experimented... What did they do to him?

One of the most experimented... What did they do to him?
Very nice, your comment made me laugh hard… :)

I immediately thought of this fake press conference, somewhere on YouTube, where Bjarne Riis talked about his heart, which had exploded, and that he bought a new heart, somewhere in Africa, which now lives inside him. Though being fake, this was extremely funny. Probably watched this more than ten years ago… :)

Ah, after all the transfer talk last year, I thought it'd end sooner. But still, Ineos have the money.

Since the lockdowns, they haven't been in contention for the Tour title, they must be getting desperate.

the Tour is the main race we know it. but more than ten years have passed from when they set that goal. in the meanwhile they won the Giro with 3 different riders, they won monuments, CX world champ, mtb Olympics and so on. and have young riders coming up. don't think they're that desperate. Sky-Ineos have been on a GT podium every year since 2011. the vision is not just the Tour anymore

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
the Tour is the main race we know it. but more than ten years have passed from when they set that goal. in the meanwhile they won the Giro with 3 different riders, they won monuments, CX world champ, mtb Olympics and so on. and have young riders coming up. don't think they're that desperate. Sky-Ineos have been on a GT podium every year since 2011. the vision is not just the Tour anymore
I think the current iteration of Ineos/Sky is more likeable, but they've more or less been forced to adopt this 'vision' by not having Pogacar or Vingegaard on their team. They just can't compete with these guys.

I think the current iteration of Ineos/Sky is more likeable, but they've more or less been forced to adopt this 'vision' by not having Pogacar or Vingegaard on their team. They just can't compete with these guys.
That's true, but a lot of it is also bad luck with Froome crashing when they could have got some more GT podiums out of him. Quickly followed by Bernal who potentially could have won another. Their pivot since then has been remarkable in a lot of respects, focussing more on the classics, young, and particularly British riders.

Hasn't really worked this year so far, with the classics team being a bit of disappointment for various reasons. Arensman and Rodriguez haven't delivered, but still could this season. Hart probably would have podiumed The Giro until today. And then there's Pidcock who will be a GC star once he fully commits to it.

They've adapted fairly well to the recent internal and external factors, and really hope they don't panic-buy Roglic. But surely it's time for them to start their own development team now that Trinity no longer seem to be a de facto version?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Well, it's a guy from Widars management agency saying that there is indeed a good possibility he signs with Lotto, and it's possible that he will be pro in 2024 already. Nothing is signed and they are still talking.

The tweet is making it out like it has been confirmed and it's a done deal, which it isn't (yet).

Agree but Quick Step have been sleeping big time for all those 4 riders.

They are signing Paul Magnier, big French talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan