• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Mike Anderson story

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

LauraLyn

BANNED
Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Awful quiet at The Washington Post these days.

My guess is that these days Sally Jenkins is not so happy reading about Lance (and Sally Jenkins) in the rest of the press.

LauraLyn

BANNED
Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
the big ring said:
One of the things that keeps coming to mind from the article was the following:

then

This is far along in the TdF streak and sounds like LA was depending more and more on medical intervention vs the "training harder than anyone else" schtick we get hit with so often.

We get told often that LA passed 500 tests. But it's not true.

Currently there seems to be a lot of acceptance that LA trained harder than anyone else - but is there any proof of this?

Mike was there to see the training and then the change in the person and his training.

Given LA only really raced the Tour and little else, with significant medical help, I'm beginning to wonder if this "training harder than anyone else" is just more smoke screen. That in fact his training was below everyone else, but his medical program made up the difference - for the last couple of tours at least.

Probably it is difficult to know just how hard Lance really trained or how dedicated he was throughout the year.

Mike would be someone in a good position to know this.

I think there is no doubt he is at least dedicated to his image as an athlete.

I can even wonder if he did the MTB in Colorado or the jog in Montreal on dope. It just seems to be so much a part of Lance and athletics.

Watching his triathlon performances this spring, well it was a bit like watching Team Sky. It didn't add up. It seems now USADA does have evidence that even this Spring he was doping.

TRENDING THREADS