• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The partisan.

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think it is pretty clear that most partisans live in a deluded state of mind where their favorites can do no wrong, regardless of the evidence against them. For example, even though OJ Simpson virtually admitted that he murdered those two innocent white human beings by going on his "low speed chase", 70% of African Americans polled during his trial said that he was innocent. In fact, I am pretty sure that 100% of African Americans knew he was guilty, and they were just taking a public stand for "their own kind".

You see the exact same thing here in the clinic. These partisans are the ultimate rednecks, that will back their "own kind", even if THEY suspect their favorite is a CHEAT. They use the same tactics that defence lawyers use to defend clients that THEY suspect are guilty (if they are innocent, argue for the truth, if they are guilty, cover up the truth by "arguing it away").

I notice a lot of people here arguing with these fanatics. The fanatics are here for one reason, and one reason only, to cover up the truth that THEY suspect (that their favorite is a fraud).

Why engage these rednecks when their goal is to take us away from the truth ?