• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Saturday morning fall guy

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
A bit of light hearted diversion, as this possibility has been raised in numerous topics. This is the scenario -

The perfidious UCI, for reasons of its own, is saving up the announcement of a 'name' rider who's been busted till Saturday morning. He will not be a really BIG name, but he will be a big enough name to have the desired sacrificial effect. The late announcement will have the double effect of further punishing the disgraced rider's team, and possibly even forcing its withdrawal.

Who will the Saturday morning fall guy be?

:D

A

Anonymous

George Hincape. Just thinking it is time for another American to go down and why not someone who ride for Lance. That would make things really fun because you kill two birds with one stone. You get Columbia and by association USPS/Disco/LA/JB

A

Anonymous

Amsterhammer said:
Aw c'mon, not in a gazillion years. :D

Probably not, but I thought I would give him a shout out because nobody talks about him anymore.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Rasmussen - to justify their suspension....

Boonen - out of competition cocaine positive again....

Valverde - they finally got ahold of the CONI evidence....

Someone on Columbia - they are flying (I do believe they are clean though)

Someone Spanish - There's plenty of them up to no good

I do hate this BS right before the tour starts. To me the UCI (whoever) is helping to damage the image of the sport by announcing positives when all eyes are on the cycling world.

It's got to be Kloden. He's already implicated in the Freiburg report, so he's a perfect sacrificial lamb waiting for his day of slaughter. Also he's a very good rider who is not a "great" and also hasn't made a lot of headlines lately so he'd be a perfect target.

BikeCentric said:
It's got to be Kloden. He's already implicated in the Freiburg report, so he's a perfect sacrificial lamb waiting for his day of slaughter. Also he's a very good rider who is not a "great" and also hasn't made a lot of headlines lately so he'd be a perfect target.
Except... I think JB would be on top of that possibility. If we find out on Saturday, they probably already know who, and have known.

In fact, I vote Horner.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
In keeping with the lighthearted nature of this, I'm putting my money on it being Christian Preudhomme. I'm reckoning there will be photos of him snorting EPO off a podium girls shapely leg at midnight last night after the presentation.

A man will show up at a press conference in a mac and a trilby and without even sitting down, he throws a brown envelope with those photos on the desk, saying "You boys wanted picchas? Here's ya lousy picchas. You guys make me sick, gimme the money and let me outta here."

As the press collectively scramble for the shocking photos, mistakenly hoping them to be the rumoured photographs of Lance shopping for ties that they could put on the front cover of their magazines, we hear a deep voiceover:
"Monaco was stinking hot. Hot from the sun and that mediteranean breeze that stifles you more than pillow at four a.m. Hot from the chicks with legs to ya-ya, and skirts that hang on their thighs for fear of getting lost. Hot from the rocks on their fingers. And hot from the blood slopping around in the backs of swanee vans, waiting to get swabbed with dope and sucked into the veins by so many cycling vampires.

The press were on that envelope like hair on a gorrilla. They knew the score, they know what sells. They make you, they break you.

But not me. I'm on the case now and I'm gonna break the bozos who dope and then the dopes who sell this filth to them, and then the filth who sell the stories about it. Just call me McQuaid
".

TRENDING THREADS