• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Women's Road Racing Thread 2017

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
The reason for this is that Nikki Harris-Brammeier has cancelled her previous contract extension and is choosing to leave the team, freeing up a roster spot.

When the rumours started that someone at Boels was leaving unexpectedly I really didn't think it would be her. I was expecting one of the team leaders.

Libertine Seguros said:
We also have, rather interestingly, a new Mexican team in the offing, although I would expect European tours for them to be relatively limited, and to be better suited to the North American calendar. Nevertheless, greater variety in the development projects and new markets and potential race organizers' options are also welcome.

Somewhere in Italy, Rossella Ratto is having PTSD flashbacks

Re: Re:

GuyIncognito said:
Libertine Seguros said:
We also have, rather interestingly, a new Mexican team in the offing, although I would expect European tours for them to be relatively limited, and to be better suited to the North American calendar. Nevertheless, greater variety in the development projects and new markets and potential race organizers' options are also welcome.

Somewhere in Italy, Rossella Ratto is having PTSD flashbacks
Damn, I was all kind of enthusiastic but then you reminded me of just how great Rossella used to be and now I'm all apprehensive.

Lilibeth Chacón outsprinted 4 Colombian grills to win the gold at the Bolivarian Games in Santa Marta :rolleyes:

11 Lilibeth Del Carmen Chacon VEN 1 2h 50:10.00 1

4 Diana Carolina Peñuela Martinez COL 2 2h 50:10.00 2

6 Paula Andrea Patiño Bedoya COL 3 2h 50:10.00 3

5 Monica Yuliana Calderon Martinez COL 4 2h 50:10.00 4

1 Ana Cristina Sanabria Sanchez COL 5 2h 50:10.00 5

10 Paola Andrea Muñoz Grandon CHI 6 2h 50:10.00 6

7 Aranza Valentina Villalon Sanchez CHI 7 2h 50:26.00 7

22 Miryam Maritza Nuñez Padilla ECU 8 2h 50:39.00 8

17 Agua Marina Espinola PAR 9 2h 50:39.00 9

14 Wilmarys Del Valle Moreno Duran VEN 10 2h 51:10.00 10

Villalón won gold over Sanabria at the ITT:

1 Aranza Valentina Villalon Sanchez CHI 24:22.60

2 Ana Cristina Sanabria Sanchez COL 25:04.93

3 Lilibeth Del Carmen Chacon VEN 26:08.24

4 Agua Marina Espinola PAR 26:15.90

5 Araceli Galeano PAR 27:21.29

6 Jennifer Mariana Cesar Salazar VEN 27:27.64

7 Yeny Lorena Colmenares Colmenares COL 27:46.50

Remember that there was all that talk about how the 2017 Giro Rosa didn't really have selective enough climbing stages, and Annemiek van Vleuten actually said to them that they needed to have tougher climbing and uphill finishes to balance the course out?

Turns out the organizers listened. According to Gazzetta dello Sport, 20 years on from when they first introduced it to cycling, the Giro Rosa is going back to Monte Zoncolan... and from Ovaro this time. Carnage impending.

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Remember that there was all that talk about how the 2017 Giro Rosa didn't really have selective enough climbing stages, and Annemiek van Vleuten actually said to them that they needed to have tougher climbing and uphill finishes to balance the course out?

Turns out the organizers listened. According to Gazzetta dello Sport, 20 years on from when they first introduced it to cycling, the Giro Rosa is going back to Monte Zoncolan... and from Ovaro this time. Carnage impending.

100% confirmed now. Great news :)