• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Those dirty Anglos

Euh, was it a random test, or was there reason to believe he bought EPO in the US? First "positive" result of Papp's singing?
You'd have to be epically stupid to keep using EPO as well as on performing well at any level, having been Papp's customer.

One classy thing about this particular anglosaxan, is simply admitting and leaving the country. Hundreds lacked even that leven of class.

A

Anonymous

A no hoping amatuer getting podiums in Bermuda local races.. whooo

Not sure if its a papp customer though, his improvements appear to have just been this season.

barely worth a thread though.

MacRoadie said:
With a total population of 65,000, I'm not sure how hard it would be to get consistent top-three placings in Bermuda WITHOUT EPO...

Well, if you're into winning once in a while, you'd have to bribe the one guy who does use EPO. Could be lucrative.

Seriously, let's not consider this non-news just because it's a lower level of sport. It gives a bit of insight in what you and I are up against. And how wide-spread doping really it. Not just for desperate professionals about to lose a big mortgage if they don't perform.
Cheating is a big factor in human behavior. Especially when offered the opportunity to cheat to get what we care about most.

I'd like to hear details about circumstances of him being tested/targeted.

Cloxxki said:
Seriously, let's not consider this non-news just because it's a lower level of sport. It gives a bit of insight in what you and I are up against. And how wide-spread doping really is. Not just for desperate professionals about to lose a big mortgage if they don't perform.
Cheating is a big factor in human behavior. Especially when offered the opportunity to cheat to get what we care about most.

I'd like to hear details about circumstances of him being tested/targeted.

+100 on the bolded. The Quebec positives are another regional doping scandal with two public doping positives and more rumored. These cases should never be discounted because they are regional. Ever.

Let's give the federation there a pat on the back for doing the right thing. The positive wouldn't go public in the U.S. if he was Weisel's buddy.

Now law enforcement needs to be involved as EPO is a controlled substance.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
I dont think this is a non-thread actually.

Amateur racers doping is the every essence of why it is bad for the top level pro's to dope.

pop 65,000 I think my the area my club covers has a population around 50,000 - so its like me doping to win the club champs :rolleyes: what a ***.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Winterfold said:
I dont think this is a non-thread actually.

Amateur racers doping is the every essence of why it is bad for the top level pro's to dope.

pop 65,000 I think my the area my club covers has a population around 50,000 - so its like me doping to win the club champs :rolleyes: what a ***.

They didn't even say wins! This guy was clawing at the podium in his local pool.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts