• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Time in the CN Forums

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
ridley said:
Sorry if this was posted before, but I also think this is a ever increasing metric ...

What is your average time spent inside the CN forums ? Did not want to make it a poll but was just wondering if it is only me that can get too involved, especially if I am a few pages behind to catch up on all the comments ;)

I actually spend all day in the forum: 9-5. That sounds bad, doesn't it? I work a desk job and sit in front of a computer all day. I pretty much keep the internet open and check in periodically throughout the day; maybe two or three times a day, more if I have a discussion going. It's a break, and ironically, keeps me focused. Not sure if I ever get logged out. After 5 and on the weekends, I rarely check in unless there's a race.

I'm not addicted or anything. This and facebook are the only online social communities I take part in. CN gives me an outlet to talk about a sport I love. Even the guys I ride with don't follow racing like I do.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Too much TBH. I think I am addicted to foruming, I have been one anothe forum for close to seven years and I have more then 30,000 posts, and here I have more then 2,000. It's a wonder how I find time to go to work and do any cycling.

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
ridley said:
Sorry if this was posted before, but I also think this is a ever increasing metric ...

What is your average time spent inside the CN forums ? Did not want to make it a poll but was just wondering if it is only me that can get too involved, especially if I am a few pages behind to catch up on all the comments ;)

I spend around an hour or two lurking around other threads on commenting on others.

It should be simple enough to quantify:

If you average more than 5 posts a day, 7 days a week since joining this Forum, you are definitely addicted. Admit it and deal with it. There are worse things.

If that average is 10 posts a day, then your opinion of your opinion is entirely too high, and you should seek counseling.

If it is anywhere over 10 posts a day, every single day, then you are officially in need of finding a real life.

Oh, and thanks in advance for any maligning vitriol in defense of your position. It does tend to reinforce the point.