• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tips for Giro d'Italia spectator

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
I'll be in Napoli for the weekend of stages 8 and 9.
Do you recommend:
- stay in the middle of climbs or at finish line?
- rent a bike to climb early?
- any other tips?

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Both climbs and finish line are great options, but the start of the stage is another great option.
If you go the team buses you can take a look at the bikes and riders are usually more laid back than after a hard stage, so you could take a few pictures or even talk with some of them.

So, my friends and me are going to stage 20 of this years Giro; I wonder if anyone can recommend us to go on Passo Rolle climb or the last climb to Monte avena ?
Also do you recommend us to get there on Friday afternoon and sleep over (stage is on saturday), I dont know when the roads are closing. Can you put a tent besides the road ?

Thank you