• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno - Adriatico Stage 3, Indicatore -> Narni Scalo, 190 kms (08/03/2013)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
h9C9F2789

thisd is the best thign I've ever seen. I'm crying on the floor here laughing. pls tell me this is fake

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
thisd is the best thign I've ever seen. I'm crying on the floor here laughing. pls tell me this is fake

There's like 100's of this on the internet, but I think the source is real. Can't find it though.

spalco said:
Check out all the awful moaning and putting down opponents by Cavendish in the Cyclingnews article.
Genuine praise. This is what I'm talking about. :D

"No. Absolutely not. He's not a sprinter," he said with a scowl, before his anger turned to genuine praise.

"He wins sprints but he's not a sprinter. He's definitely a once in a generation rider but he's not a sprinter. He's just good."

cineteq said:
Genuine praise. This is what I'm talking about. :D

"No. Absolutely not. He's not a sprinter," he said with a scowl, before his anger turned to genuine praise.

"He wins sprints but he's not a sprinter. He's definitely a once in a generation rider but he's not a sprinter. He's just good."

Right, no doubt the guy still the top dog but he makes it obvious that he, he and then he, screw that little biatch.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
spalco said:
Cavendish can't even compliment another rider without getting **** for it, apparently.

Yeah, lots of hatred towards Cav here. Let him say what he thinks, there's just too many irritable people watching this sport.

Kopuliak said:
My english is not as good as your but I think Cav meant that Sagan is more like "just" sprinter.

No problem Kop.

Cav seems to have got upset when the interviewer suggested Sagan was now a sprinter. Cav denied this but did concede that he was a once in a generation rider but as a sprinter he was 'just good'.

ferryman said:
No problem Kop.

Cav seems to have got upset when the interviewer suggested Sagan was now a sprinter. Cav denied this but did concede that he was a once in a generation rider but as a sprinter he was 'just good'.

Cheers

Just seen the highlights and perhaps a fair comment by Cav. But 'just good' is all Cavendish generally is at the start of a stage race, for some reason:confused:

And 'ridiculously amateurish' could be a fair descscrition of the OPQS train. Do they use route maps??

Dazed and Confused said:
Cav wants another HTC. It doesn't exist. The 2nd best option is QS with Holm and Aldag along with strong classic riders where the team simply doesn't understand the concept of GC racing. They will likely be stronger (sprint wise) as the season moves along.

Cheers D&C, hope you're proved right. OPQS seem to be getting every traffic island and corner wrong at the moment

May 28, 2012
Visit site
kanari said:
167. DEGENKOLB John ARG 08'53"

So does anyone know what's going on with this guy? Doesn't seem to have it at all so far which is a surprise after the Vuelta and WC last year.

From the Argos website:

“It was a hard day in Italy, with a lot of rain again. The finale was tough and it was difficult to control the bunch. The guys did a great job but unfortunately John Degenkolb dropped back in the finale with muscle problems. Simon tried to finish the job instead and finished 10th, which is a good result. We will ride to the hotel now to see what happened with John; hopefully he is OK,” said sports manager Marc Reef.

They let us figure out what that's supposed to mean, but my guess is he's still having a hard time with his achilles. The problem has been occuring since Oman apparently.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
kanari said:
167. DEGENKOLB John ARG 08'53"

So does anyone know what's going on with this guy? Doesn't seem to have it at all so far which is a surprise after the Vuelta and WC last year.

their trainer merijn zeeman is gone, so they used to suck in climbing, but now also their sprinters suck

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
their trainer merijn zeeman is gone, so they used to suck in climbing, but now also their sprinters suck

As I said, he's injured, so Argos can forget about WT next year now. (or at least I hope so)

TRENDING THREADS