• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tom 'Pidders' Pidcock

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't think he is comparable to anybody his age - comparisons with Pogacar and Evenepoel are useless as they are pure out & out road racers.

Just look at his 2020 season: CX, and a silver medal at the Worlds - followed by a trip to South Africa for the Cape Epic MTB race, which was cancelled late on. A few months until some French MTB races, then the European TT & Road race. The Baby Giro win, and then the World Road race. A week later he's in Nove Mesto for the two U23 XCO World Cups, which he won, and set comparable times to the Elites. And finally the World MTB Champs in Leogang; a double gold - the eMTB, and the U23 XCO.

He's now back in CX, and the form isn't quite there, but maybe he's planning to peak later on, and also has road races in the spring. I'm sure I read he did a training camp in the summer pre Baby Giro with Ineos. .

Clipboard.jpg

See, this is one of the situations when I kind of think we should just have a specific Rider Threads section, because this wasn't actually road racing.
No, because this is also relevant to his road season/career. If we can discuss how a rider is doing wintertraining or altitude training, we can also discuss how he performs at a different branch. Imho.

No, because this is also relevant to his road season/career. If we can discuss how a rider is doing wintertraining or altitude training, we can also discuss how he performs at a different branch. Imho.

Definitely. You have to have some sort of severe OCD if you can't accept cross talk about a part time crosser in his road section thread (I'm not saying RhD doesn't have that, though, even her initials sort of have the same rhythm as the affliction).

But if he's 1.7 meters, he's not that small. Although he has tiny shoulders. I think his shoulders are about half as wide as SK's.

I only saw the end of the race but he must have been crazy strong to put time into MVDP. Not sure yet what his road strength will be, one would assume hilly classics given his size ==> but he's young so maybe could pivot toward stage races. I also think Iserbyt could be a good stage racer; have no idea on his recovery but he's got a climber's build.

TRENDING THREADS