• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tonight on Dutch tv - A cancer survivor

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Awww, looks like someone is upset. The same someone who spent all his initial posts complaining about other people's opinions and mocking them is now shocked that they don't bow down to his request for civility.

I'll tell you a little about what I remember about cancer. I remember my doctor giving me a range of odds for survivial. I remember the surgeries. I remember the chemotherapy. But what I remember most is that I planned exactly how and where I was going to end everything if treatment did not work out. In fact I formed an opinion that a perfectly honorable cure for cancer--if done at the right time--is suicide.

I find what Armstrong has done beyond despicable. He continues to lie to people with the disease. He sells false hope. He has enriched himself off of other people's suffering. The most disgusting thing about it is that it is unnecessary. Bernie Madoff's legitimate business was worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Some figures have it as high as eight hundred million. Yet he defrauded people anyway. He did not do it for money. He apparently did it for his own ego, so he could play a real mensch in his community. Armstrong is similar. Without holding himself out as an icon of false hope, he would still have been very wealthy and very famous. That was not enough for him. He made a conscious decision to boldy lie to people with cancer about how he won the Tour de France in order to make even more money and to feed his narcissistic personality disorder. That someone would carry out such a fraud on the afflicted just to puff himself up is appalling.

That sort of injustice should never be allowed to stay hidden, no matter what the miscreant does to deflect criticism. If society lets the rich and powerful get away with such repellent acts then it is a license for all members of society to break standards of decency. It forms a model of how success in society is to be achieved.

No one should ever keep quiet about what Armstrong has done and what he continues to do. If you want us to keep quiet then convince Armstrong to tell the truth.

I feel your pain BroDeal . . . . but what purpose does the resentment you harbor achieve?

You make all these posts over and over about how offended you are. How many times do you need to write "I resent Lance Armstrong" before you see what you're doing? This isn't about Armstrong, it's about you. You're the one holding resentment . . . and I'll bet he's not the first or only person you've resented.

I'm not judging you here, just reflecting what I see. Someone in pain. . . and it isn't about anyone else but you. Maybe you don't want to hear it, and you can F me off too if you wish, but there's no running from one's self, is there?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
lostintime said:
I feel your pain BroDeal . . . . but what purpose does the resentment you harbor achieve?

You make all these posts over and over about how offended you are. How many times do you need to write "I resent Lance Armstrong" before you see what you're doing? This isn't about Armstrong, it's about you. You're the one holding resentment . . . and I'll bet he's not the first or only person you've resented.

I'm not judging you here, just reflecting what I see. Someone in pain. . . and it isn't about anyone else but you. Maybe you don't want to hear it, and you can F me off too if you wish, but there's no running from one's self, is there?

Spot on. The pathological hatred displayed by Brodeal over and over and over etc. etc. in every topic he posts in, plus his compulsive. obsessive urge to confront, offend, disrespect and abuse everyone who doesn't share his mania, is really too pathetic for further words. This man needs professional help urgently.