• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 - Coverage Options?

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Having reduced my Comcast cable TV subscription, I'm looking for online coverage alternatives.
Ideally I'd like options for:
- Live coverage for each stage
- On demand coverage for when I am able to watch
- Mobile device access

I've seen packages from NBCSports as Well as Universal Sports and was wondering if anyone has experience with either provider to share.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't have cable tv so I've always purchased the online subscription for the Tour from NBC and its predecessors. They've worked out all the bugs years ago so no problems at all. Full HD makes it so much worth the money and it's all on-demand once the stage finishes. No commercials. Only downside is listening to Phil and Paul and say what you will, but they are way better than the other clowns that come on during highlight rebroadcasts.

Only technical thing is make sure you got enough bandwidth for the HD. Something like 12mbps I believe, else you might experience frame buffering. Though I think it might drop back to SD quality first if connection speeds are poor.

In the States, you can't beat the NBC Sports coverage, though they charge separately for computer access and ipad/iphone access. Still, I'll be ordering it again this year, even though I have Comcast because I'm a goober that way. :p

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Do you know if the NBC online coverage is a Global option??

I'm in NZ, I don't have a TV, but want to see all the stages of this years Tour.
I've tried working through the NBC site, registering and I can get all the way to the Payment Page.....I just want to make sure that before I pull the trigger it will work outside of the USA.

Cheers.