• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de france 2016 - where to watch in last week

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi all!

Just wondering whether some of you will be going to the Mont Blanc area in France to watch the last 4 stages in the alps? If anyone could give me a bit of advice I'd really appreciate it :) obviously the Tour will be moving around Haute Savoie the whole time so I think it is ideal to set up camp in somewhere like Chamonix, St. Gervais or Sallanches?

Anyone planning on going there?

Thanks!

edit: also, anyone heard of the Signal de Bisanne?? Will be key part of the Bettex stage I think and it seems like a beast :eek:

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I'll be in Charmonix and will try to catch stage 16. I'm having a tough time trying to find the actual detailed route. I'm not sure where I should go to see it.