• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 18 (Méribel - La Roche-sur-Foron, 175 km)

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Solid suggestion Sandisfan.

By the way, why Sandis and not Landis? :laughing:

Was a fan of Hockey coming to my City San Jose California and in the first draft the Sharks had they got a pretty darned good offensive defenseman so in the years following used that for my User Name everywhere I needed a user name. I was a luke warm fan of Landis but was only hopeful that what turned out to be true was wasn't gonna be true. ;)

P.S. Sandis Ozlinsh a Latvian good not great just OK on defense.

Was a fan of Hockey coming to my City San Jose California and in the first draft the Sharks had they got a pretty darned good offensive defenseman so in the years following used that for my User Name everywhere I needed a user name. I was a luke warm fan of Landis but was only hopeful that what turned out to be true was wasn't gonna be true. ;)

P.S. Sandis Ozlinsh a Latvian good not great just OK on defense.

By the way, my 'knowledge' of ice hockey doesn't extend far beyond Gordon Bombay and the Mighty Ducks :laughing:

But I am a big fan of obscure stuff. So a thumbs up to your defensive wizard of Oz.

Reactions: Sandisfan
14f8866f-562b-4bdb-a32a-5e9fb87af0bd.jpg

• Wow
There was no time check before the climb, right? If so, the first to the top got the points, and we cannot distinguish between fastest ascent and first there.
I don't remember, but according to Wüst himself, there was.

Myself the KOM jersey of the Tour De France...sounds like a joke but it's not. I was thinking of it since I first saw the climb of the time trial. 1km, not too steep, so I started easy on my normal bike and at the bottom I began what was one of the longest sprints in my career. The best time from bottom to top ( 1:19 min) was what they took to give the first KOM jersey in the Tour...and they gave it to me...after being leader in the Vuelta last year this was one of the best days in my career...and as there are no mountains until Wednesday I'll keep it at least 4 more days!!

• Haha
I don't remember, but according to Wüst himself, there was.

Myself the KOM jersey of the Tour De France...sounds like a joke but it's not. I was thinking of it since I first saw the climb of the time trial. 1km, not too steep, so I started easy on my normal bike and at the bottom I began what was one of the longest sprints in my career. The best time from bottom to top ( 1:19 min) was what they took to give the first KOM jersey in the Tour...and they gave it to me...after being leader in the Vuelta last year this was one of the best days in my career...and as there are no mountains until Wednesday I'll keep it at least 4 more days!!

Thanks! Just didn't see any time check on the profile before the climb, in fact the only one was after the climb, but now I remember that the same was the case in 2013 where the official intermediate time checks were on the two climbs, while there was an additional one (not on the profile) at the bottom of the second climb.

Reactions: kingjr

TRENDING THREADS