• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2020

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well if you think that was a sin I can assure you the cycling gods punished me appropriately ^^

But yeah, Paris Roubaix 2016 it was. It got worse when after the first two dreadful weeks of the giro that year I missed the Andalo stage (though I was fortunate enough to watch the Risoul stage) and then when I missed the Formigal stage in the Vuelta because I was celebrating my own f*cking birthday with my family and I couldn't just leave, the meme was never to go away again.
One does not simply walk away from their CN family

Well if you think that was a sin I can assure you the cycling gods punished me appropriately ^^

But yeah, Paris Roubaix 2016 it was. It got worse when after the first two dreadful weeks of the giro that year I missed the Andalo stage (though I was fortunate enough to watch the Risoul stage) and then when I missed the Formigal stage in the Vuelta because I was celebrating my own f*cking birthday with my family and I couldn't just leave, the meme was never to go away again.

If it was your birthday, couldn't you just have decided that you wanted to watch cycling? I know I would, in fact I think I have.

Otoh, if things had turned out as expected, I'd probably have missed Paris-Roubaix this year; as it was the date my nephew was supposed to have been baptisted. Then - of course - neither happened.

If it was your birthday, couldn't you just have decided that you wanted to watch cycling? I know I would, in fact I think I have.

Otoh, if things had turned out as expected, I'd probably have missed Paris-Roubaix this year; as it was the date my nephew was supposed to have been baptisted. Then - of course - neither happened.

Okay, I "missed" Roubaix in 2013 but obviously watched it the day after without knowing the result. But that's not a real miss, I would say.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Possibility of echelons towards the back end of stage 1 when riders turn it towards Nice, perfect cross winds direction and gusting 30-40kmh
arpege-11-86-0.png
How is the forecast now? Still crosswinds to expect tomorrow?

The thing is, while the wind seems to blow in the perfect directions for echelons along the coast of Nice, only the last 5 kilometers or so actually go along the coast. To be fair, that same section is used earlier in the stage as well, but if the wind isn't completely crazy the only thing I can realistically see happening is someone losing some seconds on the final kilometers.

The thing is, while the wind seems to blow in the perfect directions for echelons along the coast of Nice, only the last 5 kilometers or so actually go along the coast. To be fair, that same section is used earlier in the stage as well, but if the wind isn't completely crazy the only thing I can realistically see happening is someone losing some seconds on the final kilometers.

But of course you have to attend the birthday of your mom's cousin's sister-in-law's aunt's granddaughter's dog, right? :p

• Haha
Hey, mods! Can't you make a subforum where people can spew their pessimism about Covid19? It's getting depressing to read each hour that some new random guy doesn't believe the Tour can finish...
I think anyone talking about issue can just make comments in the “effect of COVID on cycling” thread that already exists. That should do the trick, which I will do henceforth. To me the Virus issue is simply part of the news cycle surrounding the race, just as road construction, snow in the passes, and the like would be, so it didn’t seem out of place. But I can see how hearing about the same issue repeatedly can get annoying. All you needed to do was ask! :)

Reactions: tobydawq

TRENDING THREADS