• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France - Who will finish higher (w/o Contador and Schleck)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win (ignoring contador and schleck)

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
I find Cadel to be overrated. It's been a long time since he impressed me against the best climbers in the real mountains. His time trial ain't anything to brag about anymore either. He's no longer the cyclist he was in 2007/2008.

Pistolero once again proves he knows nothing about cycling. :eek:

I still think Sammy could have done it with a bit of luck (ie didnt get mega screwed first 2 days):eek:

He only cracked on Galibier, and it is possible that would not have happened if he had not attacked on 4 out of the 6 previous stages in the attempt to get back that time.

Just my opinion.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
its like that said:
Pistolero once again proves he knows nothing about cycling. :eek:

Evans chances of winning this before the start were very slim. Anyone who says they expected this is, is full of crap. Besides more than half of the people in the poll lost time or got eliminated because of crashes ;) Even VDB would have had a big shot at this Tour based on his performance in the Dauphiné and first week of the Tour. Who would of thought that before the Tour?

But w/e floats your boat.

The Hitch said:
I still think Sammy could have done it with a bit of luck (ie didnt get mega screwed first 2 days):eek:

He only cracked on Galibier, and it is possible that would not have happened if he had not attacked on 4 out of the 6 previous stages in the attempt to get back that time.

Just my opinion.
Seconded.

Hopefully RCS make a course with a lot of finishes after descents to finally get the answer to the age's old question: who's the better descender - Samu or Nibbles? :D

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Samu would have gotten the podium without the first 2 days. And if he didn't crack at the Galibier could have won. But he did, so he didn't deserve to win. But as Hitch said it's possible he cracked because he wasted a lot of energy on Luz Ardiden, Plateau de Beille, Gap and the other stage that ended on a descend. Look at what happened to Vanendert in the last 2 Alpe stages. So with a little bit more luck this could have been Samu's Tour. Would have enjoyed his victory as much as if Contador won.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Samu would have gotten the podium without the first 2 days. And if he didn't crack at the Galibier could have won. But he did, so he didn't deserve to win. But as Hitch said it's possible he cracked because he wasted a lot of energy on Luz Ardiden, Plateau de Beille, Gap and the other stage that ended on a descend. Look at what happened to Vanendert in the last 2 Alpe stages. So with a little bit more luck this could have been Samu's Tour. Would have enjoyed his victory as much as if Contador won.

Sanchez would have been given nowhere near as much freedom if he hadn't been behind on GC after two days. The race would've been ridden differently, the Schlecks and Cadel couldn't have allowed Sanchez to ride away with Vanendert on the first two summit finishes.

TRENDING THREADS