• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse 2014

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BigMac said:
Hard route. Again, lots of candidates for the win. Sprint stages should be better distributed. Two MTF's in a row is an absolute killer.

Hoping for a Verbier '12 Déjà vu.

Gotthard so early in the stage should also mean we won't have live images of it being climbed, which is a shame, not for the action but for the scenary. There's really nothing like a Swiss landscape.

You'll have stage 9 for the scenery.

Dazed and Confused said:
Not sure.
CdD looks considerable better this time.
Details needed on some of the kickers at the end.
Stage 8 and 9 doesn't look good.

SaasFee.gif

There are actually a few more steeper bits than the profile shows, but even a massive effort by a couple of teams is likely not be enough to produce real gaps between the best riders.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Echoes said:
Bring back Mathieu ! :p ;)

I'll change my avatar back to Mathieu when the CX season starts again, or when he has a nice performance on the road this season. :p

No love for the first black African to finish a monument? ;)

Okay, let's say something on-topic to salvage my post from being entirely of-topic. The Furka pass is very nostalgic for me. I want to see it raced, not somewhere in the middle of the stage. In fact, the entire Wallis/Valais area is very nostalgic for me, so they have to stop coming up with these crappy stages.

SKSemtex said:
Downhill finish prologue or ITT? I do not remember one in entire UCI callendar.

Last swiss prologue was completly different.
Can't tell if you're being serious or not, but the Suisse prologue has always been a climb followed by a technical descent to the finish.

In 2012 Sagan won ahead of Cancellara...

SKSemtex said:

here's flyover from 2012 Lugano edition, which was actually used many times. In 2012 Sagan won ahead of cancellara, in 2011 he was second or third i think. It's very similar in profile to this years edition. Last year prolog was just a exception, not a tradition for TdS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZHYOJsZf-4

Netserk said:
Hilly/technical prologue
Mountain stage (long run-in?)
Sagan
Sagan
Sagan
Sagan
ITT
Verbier MTF
Saas-Fee MTF

Something like that?
well, I would see it a little differently
Sagan or cancellara
Sagan might have chance, but somebody like valverde more likely
Sagan
Sagan, but there might be serious challengers like Degenkolb or Kristoff, if they are riding
Sagan
Sagan
ITT
Verbier MTF
Saas-Fee MTF

So actually there might be 6 stages won by sagan, who was this route designing, his girlfriend?

tomorrow said:
here's flyover from 2012 Lugano edition, which was actually used many times. In 2012 Sagan won ahead of cancellara, in 2011 he was second or third i think. It's very similar in profile to this years edition. Last year prolog was just a exception, not a tradition for TdS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZHYOJsZf-4

I know the Lugano prologue profile from 2011,2012 very well and I especially remember the descent in 2011 ( as it was for a first time I have found out we hava such a cyclist in our country and I have started to enjoy the cycling :)).

And mountain downhill finish is my most favourite part of cykling. ;) What a pitty it is so rare.

tomorrow said:
well, I would see it a little differently
Sagan or cancellara
Sagan might have chance, but somebody like valverde more likely
Sagan
Sagan, but there might be serious challengers like Degenkolb or Kristoff, if they are riding
Sagan
Sagan
ITT
Verbier MTF
Saas-Fee MTF

So actually there might be 6 stages won by sagan, who was this route designing, his girlfriend?
My post was based on this, not the profiles ;)

TRENDING THREADS