• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Langkawi 2016. Asia Tour. 2.HC

These days we have Tour de Langkawi, in Malasya, one of the most important races in Asia.

Everything is on the website:

http://www.ltdl.com.my/

I have a friend riding there, so I am motivated to open this thread.

vvcdph4dfqn887nqfcph9fmfzxfzreuvcrgkyzyg8_y_670.jpeg

The route has 9 stages, and the 4th is the Queen stage, with a long and soft final climb.

But everyday we have some little climbs to put the sprinters in problems.

Every day we have a video of about 40 minutes of the stage on you tube and highlights on the website

We have there important names as: Braijkovic, Superlopez, Mancebo, Goss, Brown, Guardini,... and much of the best asian riders, as well good riders like Jaramillo, Petrov, Van Rensburg, Antonio Piedra or Santaromita. As well here is Juraj Sagan.

2302a.jpg

At the moment two sprint finish, one for Guardini and one Palini.

A San Remo winner as Goss exploded today in the climb, 30 Km before the finish line...

Results second stage:

http://www.biciciclismo.com/es/tour-langkawi-palini-bate-a-guardini-25-02-2016

Re:

Escarabajo said:
Finally the thread. Thanks Taxus.

Only one hard stage. It will be interesting.
(de nada)

My friend who is riding there for 7 eleven tell me the climb is 50 km long but no hard. Today the philipinian Marcelo Felipe of his team put 6 second at the end (there was a risky corner, and there the sprints are a madness) to the rest opf the favourites: Santaromita, Mancebo, Braijkovic, Jaramillo, Super López,... but despite Cameron highlands is not hard they think they have (Marcelo Felipe and Galedo) no options with that kind of people, especially if Super lopez is close to the level he showed the past summer in Europe.

Astana came here to win stages and the overall, not to train.

Anyway I hope days like tomorrow (tonight in Europe), something happens, although there are some good sprinters with strong teams.

My friend told me the landscape today was amazing, with the jungle and the beach, so I am going to the the stage now, and I hope to watch him in one attack he did...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcFvfw1nB7U

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
It's a pity Genting Highlands is not part of the race for the second year now, after it was taken out last minute last year. Sponsorship issues I presume.

Cance > TheRest said:
Who's the favourite for the MTF stage? Hansen, Lopez, Brajkovic or some obscure Asian climber?

I wouldn't count on Brajkovic doing much, Jaramillo is a better bet from that squad. Other riders who could show up would be Mancebo, Santaromita (Skydive) Norris (Drapac), Ebsen (One) and then whoever is fit after that. Cameron Highlands is a long but gentle climb so really any rider who can handle the humid heat will take it out

Re:

RedheadDane said:
^ Careful! You might get teased for having Hansen as your "first favourite". :p
After all; it's a well known fact that we Danes have a tendency to overhype our riders.
I hope I haven't jinxed him now :eek: Anyway, I just figured with the quality '(or lack of it) of the field, it wouldn't even be overhyping to say Hansen is a favourite

Re: Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
RedheadDane said:
^ Careful! You might get teased for having Hansen as your "first favourite". :p
After all; it's a well known fact that we Danes have a tendency to overhype our riders.
I hope I haven't jinxed him now :eek: Anyway, I just figured with the quality '(or lack of it) of the field, it wouldn't even be overhyping to say Hansen is a favourite

Lopez surely is the top favourite. If the climb is selective he should be able to drop everyone. Then there is Brajkovic and Jaramillo from Unitedhealthcare and Hansen from Tinkoff. They are probably the top favourites. I reckon Hansen should be able to top 5, maybe get on the podium but I dont think he will win.

Then there is Ciccone from Bardiani who is a great climber and has started the season very well. He just turned professional though, so you never know. Amezqueta is another neopro who can climb well.

It is not normal what happens with Goss... but he can pass some little climbs, or just cut in the last km.

He is fat, but he has a name an he is not in a bad team, it is a pro conti.

I know he had a contract a year by 2 million australian dolars, about 1,3 M euros.

With that he can live all his life very well. so there are 2 options, he has relaxed is cycling life, or the other one is not good and I hope no.

But it is not good someone of his level, with Giro stages, silver in the Worlds, San Remo and a lot of good result in the best races of the world, is at this point now...There are much people with more level in worse teams now.

Re:

Taxus4a said:
It is not normal what happens with Goss... but he can pass some little climbs, or just cut in the last km.

I know he had a contract a year by 2 million australian dolars, about 1,3 M euros.

With that he can live all his life very well. so there are 2 options, he has relaxed is cycling life, or the other one is not good and I hope no.

But it is not good someone of his level, with Giro stages, silver in the Worlds, San Remo and a lot of good result in the best races of the world, is at this point now...There are much people with more level in worse teams now.

He is lazy and enjoys the nightlife and alcohol a little to much

Re: Re:

StryderHells said:
Taxus4a said:

He is lazy and enjoys the nightlife and alcohol a little to much

:( :( What a pity!

Tomorrow: Go Edgar, go!!, he is in good sshape and he can do it very well.

My favourite is super Lopez and second Jaramillo.

Re:

Ricco' said:
I'm expecting to see what Amezqueta can do tomorrow. In his first race as a pro he was the first neo-pro and finished the Valenciana near Rodriguez and Nieve.

Interesting rider, but he raced last year Indurain and La Rioja, UCI races 1.1, so he is not neopro.

He was anyway 26 in Valencia, the best of his team. That could mean something, becouse he is young, or not too much.

I will be happy if he do well toningh. One of the important things is Malasya is the weather, really hot and wet. At the moment he is doing well in the flat stages.

TRENDING THREADS