• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Qatar - Stage 3 - Dukhan to Mesaieed

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
who will win stage 3? can sky get back from their lousy performance of yesterday? will any of the teams try to split the field? I'm guessing sky will try especially after their Wigan like performance! Stage is 135km long

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Got the profile of today's stage.

Pfanne_%28Edelstahl%29.jpg

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Good win by Boonen - he looks pretty good at the moment. pretty cruel to put a roundabout 200m from the finish line, though.

A

Anonymous

Love the procycling twitter feed:

500m.

Sprint.

Crash!

Boonen winner!!

A

Anonymous

Cobber said:
Good win by Boonen - he looks pretty good at the moment. pretty cruel to put a roundabout 200m from the finish line, though.

Did you see who came off? Does it look like any serious injuries?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
1. Boonen
2. Haussler
3. Cooke
4. De Haes
5. Bennati
6. Wrolich
7. Phinney
8. Traksel
9. Farrar
10. Gilbert

From what i could see from the crash, one guy was grabbing his shoulder and one didn't move. No clue on who they are.
/edit: milram guy should be Ciolek.

A

Anonymous

Hibbles said:
Did you see who came off? Does it look like any serious injuries?

I have a bad feeling it was sky boys, certainly flecha was there or thereabouts... hard to tell, im just rewinding to take a look

edit: rewound, well its a white back with black shorts, got a bad feeling thats another sky boy..

last ten k or so should be on youtube shortly...

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
That's just about a fatal blow for Milram. Sponsorship due to end, looking to Ciolek for results, and there goes his season, just like that. that's rough.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
1. Boonen
2. Haussler
3. Cooke
4. De Haes
5. Bennati
6. Wrolich
7. Phinney
8. Traksel
9. Farrar
10. Gilbert

From what i could see from the crash, one guy was grabbing his shoulder and one didn't move. No clue on who they are.
/edit: milram guy should be Ciolek.

Okay... I know it's not a star studded field, but I'm a bit suprised to see Phinney in the top 10 in a bunch sprint. Were there odd circumstances that caused that to happen, or was that just where he finished in a straight sprint?

kurtinsc said:
Okay... I know it's not a star studded field, but I'm a bit suprised to see Phinney in the top 10 in a bunch sprint. Were there odd circumstances that caused that to happen, or was that just where he finished in a straight sprint?

There was a crash ~250m out so it disrupted the field, the top4? had a bit of a gap.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Good for Boonen. Bad for Ciolek, but if you're going to break a collarbone, now is not the worst time of year to do it. Lots of racing ahead.

Phinney is impressive. I raced against him in the Tour of the Gila. It was, like, his third bike race as a 17 year old, and he tied for the GC win as a Cat 2. (Full disclosure: I was not the guy who tied him).

TRENDING THREADS