• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Track Cycling at the 2020...2021 Olympics

Similar deal to when the teams were using multiple materials to trip the air on the shoulders. It will take an explicit rule change over the winter as the tape is permitted within the rules. Dan Bigham lives and breathes these marginal gains and works with the Danes and seeks the holes in the rules. That's why Lappartient banned his trade team because he showed up the French on their home velodrome in front of Lappartient funded to millions using a few credit cards and science.

Reactions: Craigee
More chaos at the velodrome. GB break the women's team pursuit record Germany set yesterday... then crash while celebrating.

edit: Now Germany broke it again, while looking like they were taking it easy as they were far up on Italy

Last edited:
Similar deal to when the teams were using multiple materials to trip the air on the shoulders. It will take an explicit rule change over the winter as the tape is permitted within the rules. Dan Bigham lives and breathes these marginal gains and works with the Danes and seeks the holes in the rules. That's why Lappartient banned his trade team because he showed up the French on their home velodrome in front of Lappartient funded to millions using a few credit cards and science.
Let’s not start the narrative that the ban on trade teams was about HWB, trade teams have been beating national teams on the track for ages before they came along.

lol lol lol
Did the German commentator just say "the great thing about this sport is that it is "weltumspannend", global... with USA, Canada, Italy, Switzerland...
Dude, these are the Olympics... :joycat:

(I am pretty sure that's what he said, but I can't believe it, so maybe I misunderstood...)

Aah, okay.

And can someone please give me a recap of the record-tumbling when all this is over? Denmark beat the OR yesterday, but didn't quite beat their own WR from last year. Then today Australia beat the OR from yesterday, and then Italy beat the WR from last year, but not the new OR set by Australia?

Meanwhile the ladies have been playing "Mine!" "No, MINE!" with records...

Aah, okay.

And can someone please give me a recap of the record-tumbling when all this is over? Denmark beat the OR yesterday, but didn't quite beat their own WR from last year. Then today Australia beat the OR from yesterday, and then Italy beat the WR from last year, but not the new OR set by Australia?

Meanwhile the ladies have been playing "Mine!" "No, MINE!" with records...
Both Italy and NZ beat the WR and OR in their heat. However, DK was on their way to bettering Italy's time before the crash happened, if the split times are anything to go by.

If they let the Danes go through then they should ban Frederick Madsen. What an absolute ***. Piles into the back of a cyclist and then has the temerity to scream at him whilst he's on the floor.
Agreed that the error was Rodenbergs. It was not a good reaction in the moment to scream like he did. However, the frustration of possibly throwing away five years work can make you do silly things. In any case, let's just appreciate that the right teams are in the final - hopefully with Rodenberg in a good state for Denmark.

Agreed that the error was Rodenbergs. It was not a good reaction in the moment to scream like he did. However, the frustration of possibly throwing away five years work can make you do silly things. In any case, let's just appreciate that the right teams are in the final - hopefully with Rodenberg in a good state for Denmark.

I thought it was Madsen who crashed and screamed? I'm not giving him any leeway, he cycled like a chump and regardless of disappointment and adrenaline, the appropriate reaction is to either scuttle away and keep your head down or, preferably, check the poor victim of your idiocy is ok. To go and scream at them, when they could have been injured as a result of your schoolboy error, is inexcusable for me.

I agree Denmark still deserve to be in the final, but if they are DQed then I won't have any sympathy.

I thought it was Madsen who crashed and screamed? I'm not giving him any leeway, he cycled like a chump and regardless of disappointment and adrenaline, the appropriate reaction is to either scuttle away and keep your head down or, preferably, check the poor victim of your idiocy is ok. To go and scream at them, when they could have been injured as a result of your schoolboy error, is inexcusable for me.

I agree Denmark still deserve to be in the final, but if they are DQed then I won't have any sympathy.

He's called Frederik Rodenberg Madsen. Everyone just calls him Frederik Rodenberg.

Fair enough, British TV are referring to him as Madsen. Probably because the first part of his surname is entirely fitting with his cycling and behaviour.

Lol!

Anyway it seems that the rules say, that a flag should have been raised in velodrome, when the split within the British team occured, which (in theory at least) should have made it easier for Rodenberg to spot that there was a rider ahead of him,

Official should have approach the track with flags indicating that GB had split, they failed to do so.

Rodenberg always do the last 2-4 rpunds with his head down only seeing the black line, the coach and any flags from the officials.

Comments about disqualifying him is just ignorant. I agree that his temper is to much, but as one states it is many years of sacrifice ruined in that second.
He has texted with the GB rider and they are fine.

The officials didn't do their job and he didn't look up, but he shouldn't have to and noone can argue that the best team didn't win - so please show some sportsmanship.

Denmark has been a class of their own the last couple of years.

TRENDING THREADS