• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfer speculation - Specialized/Scott

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Its interesting that Specialized is in trouble trying to hold onto sponsorship of big riders now that the Schlecks are with Trek and Contador is in trouble. For my money, Specialized will indeed sponsor HTC, Cancellara will go to HTC with Specialized and Rogers will got with Scott to Pegasus (for all the good it will do them! Still, he is well known in Australia and may be a good teacher for the young guns).

I'm also willing to speculate that UCI is preparing to kick Astana out of the peloton and the delay in their application has been engineered to allow the riders legally out of their contracts now that Contador's positive is known. I think Davis will go to Pegasus and they will also try to pick up Kreuziger and/or Kiserlovski. (I love a good conspiracy theory!)

Not content to stop there with my wild theories: I am also waiting for some technical requirement type bombshell which will drop Radioshack out of the peloton so that the riders and sponsorship can move to Luxemborg with Trek. I think the UCI will find a irresolvable problem wth some aspect of their paperwork which will let them drop out and go quiet for a few years til the heat is off and they can start over with a clean sheet. (a la Phonak to BMC).

Have you noticed how quiet the transfer market is for Radioshack and how their U23 squad are jumping ship to different teams. Armstrong, Bruyneel and any association with them is really sponsorship poison now. Imagine Bruyneel coming out to support Contador. Talk about the kiss of death. UCI/WADA are talking about testing other riders in 2010 TDf for plasticisers, what if they test in 2009 when then Astana, (now Radioshack) had three in the top ten. (I'm not commenting on possible doping, just on the risk management equation that sponsors must be doing.:D)

PS. Since I'm new here, I will declare right up that I think most of you guys underrate Cadel to your peril - next year at the TDF, no blood doping (?) lets see what happens! Now you know which kind of crazy category I slot into.:eek:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
ACF will love you
ACF is love!
keenasmustard said:
Its interesting that Specialized is in trouble trying to hold onto sponsorship of big riders now that the Schlecks are with Trek and Contador is in trouble. For my money, Specialized will indeed sponsor HTC, Cancellara will go to HTC with Specialized and Rogers will got with Scott to Pegasus (for all the good it will do them! Still, he is well known in Australia and may be a good teacher for the young guns).

I'm also willing to speculate that UCI is preparing to kick Astana out of the peloton and the delay in their application has been engineered to allow the riders legally out of their contracts now that Contador's positive is known. I think Davis will go to Pegasus and they will also try to pick up Kreuziger and/or Kiserlovski. (I love a good conspiracy theory!)

Not content to stop there with my wild theories: I am also waiting for some technical requirement type bombshell which will drop Radioshack out of the peloton so that the riders and sponsorship can move to Luxemborg with Trek. I think the UCI will find a irresolvable problem wth some aspect of their paperwork which will let them drop out and go quiet for a few years til the heat is off and they can start over with a clean sheet. (a la Phonak to BMC).

Have you noticed how quiet the transfer market is for Radioshack and how their U23 squad are jumping ship to different teams. Armstrong, Bruyneel and any association with them is really sponsorship poison now. Imagine Bruyneel coming out to support Contador. Talk about the kiss of death. UCI/WADA are talking about testing other riders in 2010 TDf for plasticisers, what if they test in 2009 when then Astana, (now Radioshack) had three in the top ten. (I'm not commenting on possible doping, just on the risk management equation that sponsors must be doing.:D)

PS. Since I'm new here, I will declare right up that I think most of you guys underrate Cadel to your peril - next year at the TDF, no blood doping (?) lets see what happens! Now you know which kind of crazy category I slot into.:eek:

Some interesting thoughts. Some I see being possible and others I don't think are true. I have heard rumours that Cancellara has held off announcing who he has signed with and what team has pt off announcing it's sponsor and full roster. pegasus! These are just rumours about Cancellara.

Davis will move as he does not want that in security of not having a team like in the past.

Cadel is always under rated and always dogged with luck but the posters seem to fail to recognise this fact. I am use to it.

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
ACF is love!

Some interesting thoughts. Some I see being possible and others I don't think are true. I have heard rumours that Cancellara has held off announcing who he has signed with and what team has pt off announcing it's sponsor and full roster. pegasus! These are just rumours about Cancellara.

It could be Pegasus but it could also be Team Luxembourg if we look at who has not announced sponsor and full roster pt. Schlux seems more realistic of the two teams but really I think it will be BMC.

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I hope some of these are true but im afraid that I think Rogers is already signed for Sky seeing as Chris White said he had alrady signed a contract a couple of months ago. Im a bit perplexed that his signing wasnt announced with Zandio or Uran then so maybe he has signed to another team like BMC.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/grand-plans-for-australian-protour-team-20100816-126z4.html

I think Chris White has made some big mistakes being too late on signing riders that can win races. I love robbie but lets face it hes not going to win many bunch kicks next year. They missed guys like Roe and Matthews which is what I said in the other Pegasus post even before the world champs. Next year would have been a better time to start a big team to bring on guys like Gossy, Meyers, Jacky Bobridge and richie when they come off contract. It all seems a bit rushed and no matter how much White talks it up their current team will struggle for wins.

The best they can hope for would be Spartacus and Hunt to sign to make them able to win classics and to shoot for climbers jerseys and stages with guys like Deignan and Matty Lloyd in stage races. Those are the realistic key signings for me.

From what I've heard and read Matty Goss is contracted and not going anywhere. Alby Davis would be good but again im not sure how many races he will actually win. Maybe a few more now he will concentrate on something other than just the WC.

Most Astana blokes arent going anywhere i dont think. I still reckon the Richie is trying to get out of his contract with Bjarne as I heard him say "if im at saxobank next year" in an interview even after Bjarne declared that he would be staying.

My initial thoughts were that the sponsor was going to be Fly V - Spidertech seeing as both teams had big ambitions to get to the pro tour but I now know that there is not enough room in their roster for that to happen. I was getting exited about my prediction after they signed Tuft though.

On a side note Cadel will win next years tour if Conta is absent and he skips the Giro. I love the way he rides and he is the one who introduced me to this sport so lots of love for him here too.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Well considering Jacek signed for Pegasus after already having signed a contract with CCC, what's to say Rogers can't cancel his "new" one? :D

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Rogers is just a slightly better rider than Jecek so they (whoever it is) may be less inclined to let him go however it does seem that way sometimes.