• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Transfers and Rumours 2019 > 2020

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
At least they saved Rota from the graveyard of young Italians (a.k.a. Bardiani) at an age where probably isn't too late and could still develop instead of being destined to a premature retirement like dozens of young riders that have been in that disgrace of a team.
Yeah, I'm kinda sad that Carboni resigned with Bardiani, he has a lot of potential. Bardiani has been going downhill durning the last few years, but a lot of guys are burned out after riding for a team like Colpack for too many years. Still, I don't get what happened to Albanese, the guy was eve better than Moscon as an U23 rider.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Yeah, I'm kinda sad that Carboni resigned with Bardiani, he has a lot of potential. Bardiani has been going downhill durning the last few years, but a lot of guys are burned out after riding for a team like Colpack for too many years. Still, I don't get what happened to Albanese, the guy was eve better than Moscon as an U23 rider.

Robert Power was better than Moscon in the under 23's - Some regress while others progress.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Ok huh one of the most untalented cyclists ever, easily top five if not three on zinovievs luckiest wt contract list.
He can't be that untalented; managed to get third in the U23 World Championship Road Race in 2017, and second in the Elite National Championship in 2014 - between Michael Valgren and Michael Mørkøv, because apparently only Michaels were allowed on the podium that year...
Besides, maybe he wasn't hired for his talents - or lack of same - but to work.
But, yeah. Riis probably did have a hand in his signing, this weirdly unofficially official signing; official everywhere, except - it seems - on the team's webpage.

I think we can easily pick at least two/three riders on each team worse than Carbel. Starting with NTT: Shotaro Iribe and Nic Dlamini. Of course he got to NTT thanks to Rijs but it's not a Ramon Carretero or the japanese riders from Vini Fantini (except for Nakane who is a worthy nationality-quota rider)

I gather he was taken on in a worker role for the first season, with a chance to grow over the coming years. That’s what the original PR said when he signed for the team. I also believe that he’s expected to step up this year, given the dearth of other options at Sunweb.

I see guys like Benoot, Kelderman, Hirschi, Kragh Andersen and Oomen (if healthy). Being the ones that are supposed to make the best results on the team. Matthews of course too. What the others can do when giving opportunities is a bonus.

But a few good results Power should get. Better than last year. Question is by how much though.

I know you like Carboni but i don't rate him as a top talent. Ciccone and Albanese were the last top talents at Bardiani; one turned out great, the other one is a mystery.
I saw him as a great talent because he wasn't just a climber, he was also really good in ITTs, at least when he rode for Unieuro, so I saw him as a guy who had the potential to be a great allrounder/gc rider.
Ciccone was always a better one day racer, but it's not like he was on a different level as an u23 rider.

No they don't. The best talents go to World Tour teams, Bardiani mostly gets mediocre talents these days.
WT teams only pick one or two young Italians per year, the other talents almost always end up with Bardiani because at professional level the Scinto team only picks from their feeders that last time they produced a talent was Visconti, Savio when he picks young riders goes to South America and outside Italy almost no one sign Italians neo pros so the only other option is somewhere at continental level.

This has gone under the radar a little but Mikel Honoré has prolonged his contract with DQS with one more year until the end of 2021.
That also means that a whopping 24 out of 28 DQS riders are under contract past next year with Jungels, Lampaert, Keisse and Devenyns as the sole riders without a contract after next year. So we shouldn’t expect a lot of transfers.

This has gone under the radar a little but Mikel Honoré has prolonged his contract with DQS with one more year until the end of 2021.
That also means that a whopping 24 out of 28 DQS riders are under contract past next year with Jungels, Lampaert, Keisse and Devenyns as the sole riders without a contract after next year. So we shouldn’t expect a lot of transfers.

Given the usual constant comings and goings at the team it's a great position to be in. 2 years of a solid well drilled Wolfpack should be very effective

Noone mentioned extension of Pedersen with Trek? Until 2022

Technically that should be in the - non-yet-created - Transfers and Rumours 2020-2021 thread. Unfortunately, while I have been considering creating one I'm… sort of... too lazy…
( also think the person posting about it should be someone with the technical ability to post stuff from Twitter, coz… that was one strange way to announce it!

TRENDING THREADS