• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 54 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Polanc is staying at Emirates and Rensburg (with Thompson and Dlamini) is staying at Qhubeka.

It could be Molano, which was rumoured to be heading out of UAE.
Henao was rumoured to EF but could also be a possibility, Narvaez if he isn't re-upping with INEOS. I'm guessing it will be a south american rider, which use to bode well with Italian teams.
Surely Narvaez must have better options than Vini Zabu?
It'd be a huge signing for them nevertheless.

Didn't expect that. He is a decent rider but Vini is going to fight Burgos for the prestigious "Worst 2021 PCT" award. (I'm not counting Novo Nordisk since they focus on brand and disease awareness rather than pursuing a truly sporting success)

they are not looking stellar for sure, but Gradek is actually a transfer which can make sense, I think. On the one hand, he is a strong rider who can also support Kuba in the sprint stages (like he did at CCC most of 2019), and with many of the races in Asia (where the team usually won the most) probably unlikely to take place, opening some doors in eastern Europe can't hurt, I guess.

Reactions: Roku
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Bizhigitov and Fominykh end of career.

Fuglsang will ride Tour de France in 2021.

Logical choice for Fuglsang. I simply think he's not suited mentally for a GT. He seems like the type of guy who overthinks every situation and actually lose focus on the most important things.
Also, for the sake of the spectacle I want him to focus on stages in TdF. And I think he can give a nice show in chasing stages because he doesn't posses any sprint.

on
Philipsen and Merlier are much better than the best in Wanty, yet they're a category below.

Let me remind you that you were the one to start being disrespectful, of course I then replied more tetchily than I would have done if you didn't initiate contact to me asking me what I was doing on this forum because I had stated that Circus-Wanty Gobert will be a very poor WorldTeam (which is objectively a very reasonable statement).

Maybe it would be a good idea to enter the forum in a bit more respectful manner.
I never start a disrespectful reaction or discussion. I started a discussion about the development of Circus Wanty Gobert. If you want to, you can react. But in a correct and polite way. What you didn't do. You reacted in a very derogatory way. In totally unneccasary shooting on a team : " Circus Wanty Gobert... Still a very poor WorldTour Team ". It was completely justified that I responded to this. In fact, the moderators should have done that.

on
I never start a disrespectful reaction or discussion. I started a discussion about the development of Circus Wanty Gobert. If you want to, you can react. But in a correct and polite way. What you didn't do. You reacted in a very derogatory way. In totally unneccasary shooting on a team : " Circus Wanty Gobert... Still a very poor WorldTour Team ". It was completely justified that I responded to this. In fact, the moderators should have done that.
Sorry but it's definetely you who have been more disrespectful, using personal attacks like "mr smart ass" and "what are you doing on this forum?".

Saying that Circus Wanty Gobert is a poor World Tour team is not disrespectful. It's a realistic assessment of the strength of their roster compared to other WT teams present and past, of which only a few weren't clearly stronger than what Wanty seems to have to offer in 2021. It's essential that a WT team, which is guaranteed participation in all major races, has a group of riders strong enough to justify that privilege and I agree that Wanty doesn't quite have a WT deserving team at the moment.

Logical choice for Fuglsang. I simply think he's not suited mentally for a GT. He seems like the type of guy who overthinks every situation and actually lose focus on the most important things.
Also, for the sake of the spectacle I want him to focus on stages in TdF. And I think he can give a nice show in chasing stages because he doesn't posses any sprint.

Think it's surprising myself. Thought he'd go Ardennes, Giro, Olympics, Lombardy.

I really want to see an Austrian CT team with all the washed up/retiered Ski Jumpers. Schliri, Morgenstern, Hayböck & Dietl (Thomas Diethart). :D
Don't forget Kofler!!! Hayböck is still half decent. Schlieri is a complete shadow of what he once was. Morgi is more interested in dancing nowadays. And then there's Thomas Diethart. Seriously, Thomas Diethart is about as weird a story as it gets. If he was a cyclist, he'd be, Idunno, Pecharromán or Tiernan-Locke or something. Like, Christmas 2013 he is a pretty unheralded Continental Cup guy on the edge of the team. Then he somehow wins the Vierschanzentournee, some Olympic medals, and then basically achieves nothing ever again, sitting in the team because of what he achieved in 2013-14 until injuries ended his career.

• Wow
We also shouldn't forget Libertine's favourite American rider Sepp Kuss, he was a XC skier as a kid (made it to the NC).
EP-200829680.jpg

Don't forget Kofler!!! Hayböck is still half decent. Schlieri is a complete shadow of what he once was. Morgi is more interested in dancing nowadays. And then there's Thomas Diethart. Seriously, Thomas Diethart is about as weird a story as it gets. If he was a cyclist, he'd be, Idunno, Pecharromán or Tiernan-Locke or something. Like, Christmas 2013 he is a pretty unheralded Continental Cup guy on the edge of the team. Then he somehow wins the Vierschanzentournee, some Olympic medals, and then basically achieves nothing ever again, sitting in the team because of what he achieved in 2013-14 until injuries ended his career.
Yes, I was a bit too harsh on Haböck and I forgot about Kofler.
Diethart is such a weird story, it's like if Froome actually wom the 2011 Vuelta on the road only to get back to his pre-Vuelta results right afterwards. The guy permanently lost smell and taste after one of his injuries.

TRENDING THREADS