• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Trust in Wikipedia

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I think it is appropriate to introduce myself and explain what I am asking for. My name is Kei Long and I am a student in Psychology at the University of Twente in the Netherlands. I also work as a Teacher Assistant in Statistics 1 & 2 and Research Methodology. I teach in theorie aswell as with practica. I participated in Honors Program Twente University (2009-2010) and WorldMUN (2009) and minored in Art, Media and Technology (2009).

As you probably already know, Wikipedia is one of the most often used websites on the internet. At this moment I am doing research in trust in Wikipedia. I use Wikipedia on daily basis and therefore I think it would be interesting to do research in the perception of its users.

I ask you to help me in this research by participating in my online-questionnaire. It will take just about 10 minutes with a few questions. To participate, click on this link:

and it will direct you to my research. I really need a lot of participants, thats why I really need you to help me!

I ask you not to read the comments in this topic before participation. I would appreciate it if you spread the link elsewhere. I need a lot of participants! Thanks a lot in advance!

Greets,
Kei Long

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Normally i don't participate in these things (I don't believe in the use of voluntary internet surveys as source of scientific research - although it my be a bit different for your subject)
But I really like your subject, as a big fan of wikipedia, so i'll make an exeption :)

edit: I just read you're anTeacher Assistant in Statistics and Research Methodology. So i'de better take back my words :D (and continue studying for my exam 'factor analysis & latent class analysis' tomorrow)

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Still this is spam and should've been cleared by the moderators first and especially seeing this is the first post, I am not inclined to be lenient. So unless you say something in this thread or somewhere else, why you choose this forum and whether you'll participate in the discussions, you will not be allowed to put up such a link

May 13, 2009
Visit site
He should check out the 'Leipheimer doped' thread in the clinic and how much of an effort it took this message board community to get the facts straight on Limpies wiki entry.

Then he should check Pharmstrong's wiki and tell us what that has to do with reality. Anyway, I shut up now because this isn't the clinic.

Wiki is much better than any other encyclopedia when it comes to pop culture. That's where it really really shines. I can look up any movie, TV show, series, whatever, get a full episode guide with cast down to the gaffer plus summary of contents. I can read when the 3rd reserve goalie of a fourth division Spanish soccer club had his tendon injured. I can read who the second groupie from the right in an old photo from an 80s 'hair band' is (and what she did on survivor season 5). It's wonderful and that's why many people love it. No other encyclopedia has that much great content.

Now, for anything else, there's the Britannica.